This is a 7 Days to Die challenge mod revision inspired by the A18 mod “Dishong Tower Challenge” made by MidnightDesigner, Sphereii and Pitchsilent.
The mod makes the following changes to the vanilla game. We have tried to keep it as close to the original experience as possible with a few extra tweaks.
- Coal recipe = 1 coal from 5 wood in campfire.
- Farming plot recipe = 4 wood, 100 clay, 5 rotten flesh and 5 nitrate.
- Seeds can be crafted from one food item.
- Old cash can be converted into casino tokens by crafting.
- Glue recipe = 4 bones with campfire, 2 bones with chemistry station.
- 30+ Plant fibers and 6 clay from digging potted plants.
- 30 Plant fibers from trees.
- 10% chance of getting tree seed from digging potted plants.
- 100% chance of an engine from wrenching …something. (you’ll have to work it out!)
- 90% chance of a headlight from Projectors.
- 25% chance of headlight from Yellow Work Light. (quantity increases with max. Salvage Operations)
- 10% chance of battery from Yellow Work Light.
- Oil is now 75% cheaper to craft in the Chemistry Station.
- Cement mixers can be wrenched for gas, or have a chance at containing oil shale (you have to decide if you want to keep looting them, or break them down for gas)
- Most zombies can be harvested for bones, rotten flesh and/or nitrate, with certain zombies giving certain resources.
- Bikers give 4 oil
- Lumberjacks give 5 snowballs
- Lab techs have a 10% chance for a beaker
- Nurses have a 10% chance for antibiotics
- Pumpkin bread is now more filling & healthier than the vanilla game
- Eggs & honey can appear in vending machines
- Acid can be crafted from car batteries in a workbench
- Chance at 1 or 2 acid from wooden medical cabinets, after reading the Wasteland Treasures Vol.3 book. (you get awarded the book for completing the first quest step)
- Water is still absent from the swimming pool (the pool leaks!)
A custom questline has been added that you receive upon starting the game. This questline will guide you towards completing the challenge.
- You must enter the Dishong Tower immediately (being on the front porch counts as being in) and cannot leave thereafter.
- You may build bridges off the side of the building to extend your area for farming, but those bridges must support themselves and cannot touch the ground. Bridges cannot be built out from the ground floor to reach areas out of bounds (anything outside of the tower beyond the porch is out of bounds)
- You may not place blocks outside of the bounds of the tower (not including the porch) if you are on the ground floor. You may still place blocks anywhere inside the tower ground floor.
- You may not mine or dig under the building.
- All default game settings, unless you want to turn up the size of the hordes, or increase the difficulty and/or zombie movement speed.
- If you die, the game is over.
- You must survive until you are able to build a gyrocopter and fly off the roof to the safety of a nearby trader.
The mod also includes a custom world named “DishongTowerChallenge” that will spawn you infront of the Dishong tower. The tower and trader are the only buildings in the world.
Thanks to Hells Janitor and Frantic Dan for their work on the mod.
Note: This mod is server side. Only the server needs to have it installed.
Removed the xpath entry for nitrate, as it was pushing other loot out, and nitrate is relatively easy to get anyway.
- Rebalanced some of the recipes
- The questline has been expanded
- Removed water from the pool (it leaks!!)
- Oil is cheaper to craft in the chem station now
- Cement mixers can be wrenched for gas, or have a chance at containing oil shale
- Most zombies can be harvested
- Bikers give oil
- Lumberjacks give snowballs
- Nurses have a chance for antibiotics
- Lab Techs have a chance for a beaker
- Eggs & honey can appear in vending machines
- Pumpkin bread is now more filling now
- Chance at 1 or 2 acid from wooden medical cabinets, after reading the Wasteland Treasures Vol.3 book. (edited)
If you need help, you can use this support link.
Credits: Zilox, HellsJanitor, Frantic Dan, Midnight Designer, SphereII, Pitchsilent
2 thoughts on “Dishong Tower Challenge A20”
what happens if you go off the platform? Do you die or is it honor system? What about with mutiplayer, if one person dies, does everyone or they are just out of the game?
Hi, currently its an honour system, and you follow the rules or not. There is an addon mod that enforces the rules for you if that’s something you are interested in. https://github.com/OCB7D2D/DishongTowerChallengeEnforcer/releases/tag/0.1.0