This mod lowers the amount of many items (and a few blocks) that can stack in a storage slot (backpack/containers). Some stack lowering is rather extreme from vanilla settings.
- Lightly tested. Just to see what its like 🙂
- More “immersion” due to item stacks “feel” a little more realistic as something you might be able to carry in a pocket or backpack (ignoring weight still, and yeah its more like “overall what might be carryable in small amounts”). In real life you can carry 100 empty cans, but not if you wanted to carry other stuff so its “what might be practical” for things like this.
- Makes traveling more difficult as you cannot take lots of food/water/items.
- When looting, your backpack slots will fill up much faster, forcing you to choose what to carry (or store for later) much much much more often
- If you want to carry “a lot” of something, you’re going to have to not carry other items, making “gathering a lot of wood” or “mining coal” (for example) a chore you will likely have to have an empty backpack to do or build a local storage depot around the resource, and maybe carry only essentials like a litte food, water, a weapon and some ammo.
- Since you can’t carry a lot of items, you can’t sell massive amounts to the trader, lessening the ability to rely on buying/selling to get money.
1. No more carrying 6000 wood/rocks/etc per stack!
Drinks in vanilla generally stack 10/slot. Now they are 4
Small Rocks in vanilla are 6000, now its 80
Wood in vanilla is 6000, now its 30
Most “large” or “heavy” things are set very low or 1
2. Bundles in vanilla are unchanged
3. Some ammo stacking was lowered (arrows, rockets) and traps, but bullets (except gunpowder/nitrate) are unchanged.
4. Most blocks were not changed. Those that were are some the player can player “pick up”, like the bedroll and the burning barrel for example. Trap stacks were also lowered when they were large/heavy looking. If a block is used for “vase defenses”, like doors and hatches these were lowered but “nirmal” bocvks or decor blocs are not unless Doughphunghus felt like lowering it. He doesn’t want “building” to be too difficult, just running around and looting and creatinf defenses (to slow down usual last minute panicking of setting down traps and doors)
A20 conversion and added more blocks.
The forum topic of the mod is here.