Makes numerous adjustments to 1-NPCPackHumans.
This mod re-implements all the features of these A18 mods:
- 2-NPCPackHumans Add to Vanilla Spawns
- 2-CreaturePackHumans Remove Harley
- 2-CreaturePackHumans Remove NPC Tracking
- 2-NPCPackHumans AdjustSounds
- Xyth NPCs Reduce Hire Costs
- Xyth NPCs Reduce HP
It additionally adds these features:
- Adjusts damages for NPC weapons to be closer to PC versions
- The response from “Tell me about yourself” includes faction and health information, and will tell you how much it costs to hire the NPC (if not already hired)
- The Power Armor vault dweller uses a stun baton instead of a club
- NPC loot bag overhaul:
- NPC loot bags look like dropped player backpacks
- Adds new loot lists for loot bags, specialized by weapon/armor/NPC specialty
- Translations for all dropped loot bags (it’s just “Dropped Loot” but better than nothing)
It also fixes these bugs (or at least Khzmusik consider them bugs):
- Hostile animals now attack NPCs
- Freindly fire for NPCs of same faction is now eliminated
- Dead NPC bodies no longer have a prompt to search them (which did nothing)
- NPCs can no longer push players around
The various XML and C# files have extensive documentation about these features. Feel free to poke around, and modify whatever you like.
These are some ideas about possible features and bug fixes. They require C# changes, and are not particularly easy to do.
- NPCs that spawn as part of a Clear quest, count as “zombies” to be cleared. You have to either kill them or fail the quest. This was avoided by not placing NPCs into zombie sleeper spawn groups (unfortunately).
- NPC “follow” pathing is not release worthy.
- If you approach a following NPC to try to move them out of the way, they step into you, not away from you. (They do not do this when not following.)
- NPCs do not find open paths to their leaders, instead trying to go through walls or other barriers. This is especially noticeable when they are above or below their leader. (This might be caused by SphereII Core code that lets NPCs open doors; more research is needed.)
Dependent and Compatible Mods
This mod is prefixed with a number, so it is loaded after all dependent and compatible mods.
This mod is dependent upon the 1-NPCPackHumans mod. That mod, in turn, is dependent upon:
These dependencies are listed under the section in ModInfo.xml.
This is a DMT mod. So requires DMT Modding Tool. It is not compatible with EAC. After installation, it is highly recommended to start a new game. Additionally, the 1-NPCPackHumans mod is dependent upon the 0-CreaturePackHumans mod. That mod contains new resources, which are not pushed from server to client.
It is also dependent upon the 0-SphereIICore and SphereII NPC Dialog Windows mods. Those mods contain custom C# code, in addition to new resources, so they are not compatible with EAC either.
Both clients and servers must have copies of these mods. EAC must be disabled on both clients and servers.
The forum topic of the mod is here.