Testing version (2.0) of a mod that introduces dynamic NPC characters into the game by expanding on the CreaturePack Humans. These NPCs require some of SphereII’s DMT scripts, and these dependencies will be enforced upon loading this mod with the mod launcher. Many issues probably exist and they need help testing to make these NPCs work better.
This mod adds many new NPCs to the 7 Days to Die. Unlike previous NPCs, these can be hired then issued orders to stay, follow, guard, patrol eat, drink, and can even loot POIs for you. All this is configured in XML. Once hired, you cannot kill them, nor can another hireling or allies in your party hurt them. This blocks friendly fire issues. Non hired NPCs are fair game. They are currently set to spawn in the friendly animal spawn group, but you can change that in xml. They will require food and drink added to a storage container, or in their backpack, otherwise they will look for food and water in the game.
You set the patrol route by giving the learn patrol route command then you walk that chosen route. At the end of the route order the NPC to patrol. Other commands, like stay, guard, follow should be self explanatory.
In xml you can set what the NPCs eat and drink, what they use for a toilet and what they defecate (if you turn that on), whats their home block, what they use for a bed, food containers, etc. Take a look at the xml and read the comments. The NPCs are an adaptation of the animals used for another mod, so if you want NPCs to breed and lay eggs, well, that could happen with the right xml. Just don’t ask Xyth to help you with that.
- Pushed several new raiders by DarkStarDragon. (new)
- Updated the controller used by the NPCs. This version adds a new idle animation when you talk to the NPCs. If it works well, Xyth can add multiple new idle anims to that point. Also, if you missed it, the NPCs reload weapons now.
- Pushed new version with Cowboy NPCs added.
- Pushed new version of NPC Modlet, refactored the xml, adjusted spawn rates and added lots of new weapon variants.
- Xyth just pushed a new version that enable longbows on the controller. Based on my testing this version and the prior one they almost never miss, where previous versions they seldom hit. You likely have an older build. Post your CC and NPC versions when you see errors if possible. Thanks!
- Uploaded a new version of NPCs. Fixed the aiming, as they were actually hitting themselves more than their targets. They are very accurate now, may need adjusting but let him know. Added in a Farmer with an xbow. Walking backwards is smoother. Known Issue, weapon disappears after melee, but reappears when the NPC finds a new target.
- Pushed new version. Focus is on creating a universal Humanoid controller that supports all weapons and walktypes. This version used the farmer and nurse as test entities, they should be able to use rifles, pistols, melee weapon or unarmed. Bow and Xbow are a WIP and do not work yet. Read the xml for clues if you plan to mod off this.
- v2.0: Converted to use Gen3 characters in CreaturePack
- v1.8: Folder rename for compatibility, patched insta-kill from zombie inflicted bleeding
- v1.71: Increased sphere of weapon so they hit crawlers better, added remaining NPCs to spawning, reduced spawning rate 50%
- v1.7: Converted to faction based targeting, improved ranged targeting
- v1.6: Added ModInfo.xml to work around DMT bug
- v1.55: Dedi animation fix
- v1.52: Bleeding fix
- v1.51: Xml edits to fix ranged entities
- v1.5: A18 update and added DarkStarDragon entities
- v1.3: Fixed ammo dupe with Traders mod.
- v1.21: Fixed Harley sound error..
- v1.20: Removed entanglement and dependencies from Blooms Animal modlet
- v1.12: Removed zombie buffs from weapons
- v1.11: Added dependency on Patch_Entity to fix bleedondeath error
- v1.1: Initial release
This mod has not had much A18 testing and has so much code they expect you to find issues.
No training guide. SphereII posted details on each new script that contains lots of info on your xml options. But if your confused, feel free to ask questions on the forum page. Well, except questions about egg laying.
DarkStarDragons entities (Pest, Hunter etc.) still use gen2 tech but will be converted in time.
This is a DMT mod so it must be compiled with DMT, or loaded by the mod launcher. This mod has several dependencies that must be compiled with this mod for it to work properly. Required: 0-SphereIICore, SphereII NPC Dialog Windows and 0-CreaturePackHumans
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Additional Credits: SphereII, DarkStarDragon, Mumpfy