This 7 Days to Die mod adds additional options to the starting game UI to allow for 1 hour of daylight and other options.
To make the mod a bit more accessible, he added more options too. You can select these hours of daylight (the default vanilla game allows only 12, 14, 16, 18) 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, or 23
- 0 is “Perpetual Daytime Darkness” which looks mostly like Twilight/Moonlight during regular daytime hours. It’s still nighttime though as the game sees it (zombies run, etc)
- 1 is “Perpetual Daytime Darkness” all the time, except for 1 hour of actual daylight. If you choose 1 hour of daylight, the “Day” begins at 21:00 and ends at Midnight. This means you start the game at 7:00 and have no light for 14 more hours. The sun comes up and races across the sky. Barely enough time to run to another POI, let alone clear it out.
- (The intermediate times are self explanatory)
- 23 is 23 hours of “Perpetual Daylight”, 1 hour of Night time
- 24 is “Perpetual Daylight”. He doesn’t know if blood moon hordes will even spawn. Haven’t tested as he doesn’t plan to play with this setting, just providing it for completeness.
- Nothing in this mod was changed for a19, a18 was just much darker at night than a19. He recommend also loading his Buff Ambiance – Darker Nights with this to make it as much like the pre a19 version as possible!
- Apparently some other people have similar mods containing this functionality (and possibly more): More Options by Claymore
The forum topic of the mod is here.