Adds additional options to the starting game UI to allow for 0 hours of daylight to 24 and other options in between. Note: Original mod was named for 1 hour daylight. To make the mod a bit more accessible, Doughphunghus added more options.
You can select these hours of daylight (the default vanilla game allows only 12, 14, 16, 18): 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
- 0 is “Perpetual Daytime Darkness” which looks mostly like Twilight/Moonlight during regular daytime hours. Its still nighttime though as the game sees it (zombies run, etc)
- 1 is “Perpetual Daytime Darkness” all the time, except for 1 hour of actual daylight. If you choose 1 hour of daylight, the “Day” begins at 21:00 and ends at Midnight. This means you start the game at 7:00 and have no light for 14 more hours. The sun comes up and races across the sky. Barely enough time to run to another POI, let alone clear it out.
- (The intermediate times are self explanatory)
- 23 is 23 hours of “Perpetual Daylight”, 1 hour of Night time
- 24 is “Perpetual Daylight”. He doesn’t know if blood moon hordes will even spawn. Hasn’t tested as he doesn’t plan to play with this setting, just providing it for completeness
- Apparently some other people have similar mods containing this functionality (and possibly more): More Options by Claymore
- Also: for game version a19+: He recommed if you are looking for a very dark nighttime to also look into loading this mod: Doughs-Buff-Ambiance-DarkerNights
- Added a few more options to add more granularity to hours near 0 and 24.
- Conversion to a20.
Download for A20
Download for A19
The forum topic of the mod is here.
2 thoughts on “One Hour of Daylight”
Awesome Mod!! Thank you for making this!!!
Thanks! I use it personally in all my single player games 🙂