Adds additional options to the starting game UI to allow for 0 hours of daylight to 24 and other options in between. Note: Original mod was named for 1 hour daylight. To make the mod a bit more accessible, Doughphunghus added more options.
You can select these hours of daylight (the default vanilla game allows only 12, 14, 16, 18): 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 23, or 24
- 0 is “Perpetual Daytime Darkness” which looks mostly like Twilight/Moonlight during regular daytime hours. Its still nighttime though as the game sees it (zombies run, etc)
- 1 is “Perpetual Daytime Darkness” all the time, except for 1 hour of actual daylight. If you choose 1 hour of daylight, the “Day” begins at 21:00 and ends at Midnight. This means you start the game at 7:00 and have no light for 14 more hours. The sun comes up and races across the sky. Barely enough time to run to another POI, let alone clear it out.
- (The intermediate times are self explanatory)
- 23 is 23 hours of “Perpetual Daylight”, 1 hour of Night time
- 24 is “Perpetual Daylight”. He doesn’t know if blood moon hordes will even spawn. Hasn’t tested as he doesn’t plan to play with this setting, just providing it for completeness
- Nothing in this mod was changed for a19, a18 was just much darker at night than a19. He recommend also loading his Buff Ambiance – Darker Nights with this to make it as much like the pre a19 version as possible!
- Apparently some other people have similar mods containing this functionality (and possibly more): More Options by Claymore
Updated (bugfixes) for a19.1 b8 stable.
The forum topic of the mod is here.