JaxTeller718 and his team’s nice 7 Days to Die Ravenhearst Mod is here for you. Download Ravenhearst Mod for 7DTD Alpha 18 and enjoy!
Welcome to Ravenhearst a place where your nightmares grow and fester and the world around you is trying to kill you at every turn. Ravenhearst is a full overhaul mod that uses the amazing 7 Days to Die and turns expectations in its head. Every aspect of the vanilla game has been tweaked or tuned to increase challenge and difficulty. Ravenhearst has often been called the mod that is not for everyone. It is best played by those that have a basic understanding of the vanilla 7 Days to Die experience, and for those looking to challenge themselves.
Below you will learn just a little bit about what they have to offer. Keep in mind that Ravenhearst, just like the actual 7 Days to Die game, is nowhere a near finished experience and it’s development is ongoing, and as such should be played with the open mind that there can be major updates that will cause save breaks and resets to your game. They pride themselves on using team of testers to thoroughly play and beg test so that they can provide you with the most solid gaming experience they can manage to put forth. But also keep in mind as with anything, things can happen. They just try to reduce these “things”.
All the Worlds a Stage
The ENTIRE game is now gamestaged. The incredibly talented wOOkie nOOkie has enabled him the chance to gamestage every aspect of the game. Wilderness Spawns, Wandering Hordes, Biome Spawns, Night Time Spawns ALL of it is now set according to your gamestage so you wont see ferals or cops on Day 2. Not until you reach over a certain gamestage. Night Terrors do not spawn pre Gamestage 50. Gamestage tiers are as follows:
- GS1 – Normal Zeds
- GS50 – Tier 2
- GS100 – Tier 3
This ensures you do not get overwhelmed and also that the challenge increases as your level increases.
The Night Bleeds
The nights in Ravenhearst are full of disgusting creatures. Night Walkers are mud soaked zombies who seek blood and are faster than a normal zombie. They have high chance of Infection. But fear not they disappear by morning… until you grow stronger. As your gamestage increases so do the chance that they will remain in the world!
Living Off The Land
Farming has received an overhaul. Farm plots can now be made a number of different ways and have longer growing times. Water is required for the plots to grow. The Farm Table is where you can craft seeds from crops or from seed packs you find out in the world. They have added back in Fertilizer, the Composter and yes Turds. Fertilizer made from the compost is one of the most efficient ways you can plant a farm plot.
There are also some new farm pois designed by sinder.
Wookies Suite of DLL Harmony Tweaks
It goes without saying that wOOkie nOOkie has been a major driving force behind Ravenhearst. He has designed a host of dll tweaks to game mechanics to increase difficulty and functionality. By enabling Harmony usage at the very start of 5.1 development he opened up doors for us never thought of before. Here is a sampling of what he has done:
Anti Nerd Poling
No longer can you jump and place frames. You have to plan out your builds with ladders and other blocks now. More realistic and challenges people to come up with new ways of overcoming challenges.
Recipe Ingredient Limit Removal
Recipes can now have dozens of ingredients so we are no longer restricted to 5. If a recipe has more than 5 there will be an arrow below the description you can click. It will scroll through the pages of ingredients.
Blood Moon Vehicle Disabled
Their mod introduces challenges they expect players to face. Vehicles will become disabled on Horde Night. Bicycles will still work. Think of red moon and horde night like an EMP bomb, electricity is whacked during it.
Players in SP and those who start with a fresh server will see no spawning until 2200 on Day 1. This does not include sleepers.
The workbench now has Combine returned. You can now store your damaged tools and weapons and reuse them to repair similar items later on with minimal quality loss. The combiner will not combine for a QL higher than your highest weapon though. No need to worry about your mods either, a message will pop up alerting you if you have a mod installed so it will not destroy it.
Skill Points Bonus
You will now gain 5 Skill Points every 10 levels as a boost to your perks. You can use these points just like any other and they are automatically added. So every 10 levels you have something to look forward to!
This may cause some controversy but they have set a limit on Gamma to 75. The reason for this is they have noticed players jacking their gamma up so they can see in house and at night. Some of these pois were designed with shadowy dark corners in mind. A little gamma bump is ok but bumping to 100 defeats the work put in by their POI makers. This is till open to some editing and tuning.
Trader XP Removal
You will no longer level your Player by selling items. This is a gameplay decision made by JaxTeller718. He want actions to count for your level not selling to traders. Other aspects of traders are the same. (for now)
Shared XP Limiter
When shared party XP first released they all assumed that it would be for questing and groups who work together. Recently it is accounting for people who do not level their weapons or skills but gain levels from party XP. This has led to complaints of tough zombies and unfair gamestages. They have hardcoded the xp sharing to 200M. The reason is gamestage related. Too many undergeared, under powered players who dont go questing with their partners are getting killed by zombies at the gamestage when their skills are not ready.
Now the station something is crafted in and the tool you need are automatically displayed at the end of every description. Descriptions will also display the number of slots an item has.
The toolbelt now has 10 slots for you to utilize.
Zombies will now spawn dependent on gamestage at airdrops. You will have to fight your way to the airdrop.
All New Game Options
You can set quest fetches to show indicators on the map, enable headshots only mode, control the size and frequency of wandering hordes, increase range zombies can see you at, enable or disable rage and super rage or set it to begin at certain gamestages. These settings work on servers as well and a serverconfig will be included.
POI Zombie Multiplier
Zombies will now spawn around groups of pois, making cities dangerous. You can control the multiplier in settings.
Loot Window Searching
Now you can search your storage inventories with the addition of a search box.
Quest Crafting Warning
A message will display if you leave a table while crafting an item needed to complete a quest.
QoL addition that allows you to reverse a rotation on blocks placed using LeftShift and LeftMouseClick.
The original stash backpack you know and love designed by wookie.
Vehicle Pickup Disable
Realistic weights on vehicles. You can no longer pick up and store your heavy vehicles. Bicycles can be picked up. Be careful while driving and prepare to dig a vehicle out if it is stuck.
New Video Options
Field of view setting, show crosshairs, change the color of crosshairs or completely disable activation texts for a true clear hud.
When you are infected it will now kill you within 3 days. You must find a cure for your infection. It will persist through death. If you do not find a cure it will kill you. Beehives can be made once the schematic is found. This zombie apocalypse is very real and very dangerous.
Too Much Too Soon
Loot has undergone a complete rebalance (and may again in future versions) so that you are not swimming in loot early game. Scavenging and exploring now matters as you hunt for the best weapons and tools. Loot lists have been readjusted so they make more sense to what you would find in them.
From My Cold Dead Hands
In the ongoing quest to preserve what they love about 7 Days, they have readded some pulled game mechanics. Raw Iron returns, parts for guns are as they were with SMG scrapping to SMG parts instead of generic rifle parts and more returns to former mechanics loved by many is ongoing for suture updates.
Progression that means Progressing
Levelling has been slowed down quite a bit to give the old way of doing things more prominence. You need to get out there and work those quests, which after tier 4 will award skill points. All main attributes are now Player Level dependent. Perks have been rebalanced so as not to give the appearance of a character becoming Superman by Perk 5 of everything.
Quality has been returned to 7 Days to Die thanks to @wOOkie nOOkie and his coding genius. Each tool and weapon now has a quality level. 1,120. Each 20th level is considered next tier and every single item has had stats attached to them so that finding new weapons and tools is no longer a boring process. Loot is exciting again! Find level 72 pickaxe, but know there are better out there. This will promote levelling as well as scavenging.
Better Watch That Weapon Boy
Along with Quality returning they have Degradation returning as well! Thanks to @wOOkie nOOkie your weapon and tool will now degrade by 10 Quality Levels each time you repair it at the start.
On top of this they have taken care of any mods that are in your item or weapon. If when repairing a weapon the quality reduction results in a lose of a mod slot any mod in that lost slot will be placed in the players inventory. Be careful to have a spare slot though as a full bag and inventory will result in the mod falling on the floor!
So how do you salvage this? By levelling Construction Tools. Each 10th level of Construction Tools after level 20 reduces that number by 1. So level 21 in Const Tools you will lose 9 Durability and so on. A true progression system. So, how do you level Construction Tools?
Actions Speak Louder than Perks
Action Skills have returned. Along with Quality you will receive a slight bonus in stats every time you level an Action Skill. This is Learn by Doing. Use axes and picks to level Construction, Bows to level Archery, Blades to level… well Blades. You can keep track of your Action Skills progress on the skills screen.
The Home You Have Always Dreamed Of
Ravenhearst likes to pride itself on being a builders dream mod. They have added dozens of new deco items for you to craft and decorate with, a number of new player storage options, movie posters you can collect, art you can collect, tvs, holiday items, playable radios and record players, streamer logos and flags as well as made previously unavailable vanilla deco items accessible for crafting in our Decor Table. They are constantly adding new items as well.
Apart from over 50 new deco blocks JaxTeller718 has also created several new block placeholders for poi makers. From new corpses to arcade and slot machines to miscellaneous trash decos like bullets and blood and liquor bottles and posters and potted plants, new mail box and trash can placeholders, now POI builders who wish to make RH specific pois can design them with variety in mind. More placeholders to come as well.
The backpack perk is now gone. In its place are backpacks that you can find in the world that unlocks three slots at a time to your inventory. These can be found in dressers, semis and other clothing related loot spots.
They have introduced a quest based player journal that will take you on a questline all while teaching you the basic added mechanics of Ravenhearst. If you complete all the chapters of this journal you will receive exclusive recipes to craft some pretty cool items.
Food and water have undergone a major reword. Food spoilage is now possible. You can craft fridges and coolers that will preserve your crops and meat for long periods of time but walking around with food in your backpack can be a risk. Water is also now contaminated and you will need to build a water filtration unit to decontaminate it before you can drink it safely.
Theis dev Sinder has put in overtime to update and redesign all of your favorite pois from Magoli, including adding quite a few new pois from some of the best poi makers in the community. Aside from those pois, they have included community made pois from the likes of Taz, NAGG, HN, KnightRath, FallenDice and sinder herself. Along with all new sleepers and loot spots as well as new paint and decos, there are new farms and crop patches as well as several new pois based on famous locations such as Taco Bell, Subway and Walmart. The world is fuller than ever!
You Have Some Red On Ya
Zombies come in many forms. They have added additional looks to zombies thanks to Mumpfy’s awesome textures. Higher tiered zombies will look and sound different so you can tell them apart.
Ravenhearst has always been about more realistic crafting and this version is no exception. At start you are given a Personal Workbench. This is your hub for all things crafting. The backpack has very limited recipes, just the absolute basics. You will need to carry this table with you. It can be picked up easily by destroying it. They have added workbenches and stations such as the Farm Table, the Armor Bench, The Ammunition Press, The Water Filtration Unit, Survival Campfire, Auto Workbench, Research Table and the Decor Table, all with its own uses and recipes. This will help you find what you are looking for better and also spice up that basement work area.
Along with the stations, there are complex recipes such as tool heads for crafting tools, molds for forge crafting and vehicle parts.
They have reworked how vehicles are made completely. You will need to find engine parts and more from harvesting vehicles with the crowbar. There is now an Auto Workbench found in Gas Station POIs (they may or may not work) and those are used to construct parts. You will have to build chassis from scratch using parts like car seats, alternators, sparkplugs and more.
They have also added a few new vehicles for you to collect such as community favorites from bdubyah like the Box Truck and Jeep as well as the brand new Deans Charger from Supernatural! All of these vehicles have their own unique assemblies and parts and are locked behind schematics you must find in the world.
Barnes and Noble? Where!
All schematics now scrap into Knowledge Points, which can be used with Ink found in the world in the Research Desk to craft any missing recipes and perk books. There is also a set of limited edition novels you can find in the world made by @sinder that scraps into a stack of paper for you to use.
Legacy Distant Terrain Integrated
Their mod utilizes SphereII’s Legacy Distant Terrain, which disables the A18 way of generating distance in terrain in favor of the much less resource heavy A17 way. This will give us a dramatic increase in performance across the board.
The World Is Alive
They have included as default Dust2Deaths Incredible Tree system as well as his gorgeous lighting and particles, reducing overall performance loss and giving the world a more vivid and cleaner clearer look in all biomes, specially the Burnt and Wasteland biomes.
Ravenhearst has always been a labor of love for JaxTeller718, but it also has been a labor of love for many others as well, without whom this mod would not be possible.
- Sinder – POI Design and Redesign/ QA/Art/Documentation
- WookieNookie – Coding/Programming/Harmony Implementation
- Shades – Documentation/QA/Test Team Lead
- shortypants1976 – Design and Balance/Testing/Coffee Fueler
- KnightRath – Design and Balance
Dev Hall of Fame
Update 6.4.1 Released Full Wipe and World Restart Required
- Over 50 new and redesigned POIs courtesy of Sinder and Robear. Returning favorites with a new flair, new enemies and sleepers and a host of new pois never before seen in Ravenhearst will have you exploring for weeks and finding new buildings to scavenge.
- Food system has been expanded. Multiple new recipes and rewarding higher end foods will now have you seeking out recipes and conserving your food because…
- Spoilage is making its return. Intricately balanced to not be too harsh veggies and foods will now expire so plan your cooking decisions carefully. Items like fridges, preserve barrels and the food processor will help you preserve your food longer so you will want to set up your food prep system as soon as possible.
- The preliminary return of the class system. Basic right now going through each class will reward you exclusive weapons designed for that line. Finishing all quests in the game will reward you with powerful and fun items and recipes. A purpose to quest now.
- The land is full of dread once again as the return of Night Terrors and Nightmares will haunt you. Redesigned gamestages will have you jumping more often as the unpredictable nature of these creatures will catch you off guard. You may even see them in pois!
- New vehicles like the Hang Glider, the Boat and others will have you exploring the map. Balance was done on all vehicles for gas consumption, storage and speed as well.
- They have included Skyriss Vanilla gun mod which adds over a dozen new guns for you to use against the undead. Favorites like the Crossbow Repeater makes its return as well.
- Complete rebalance of zombies and gamestages. New zombies will horrify you and spawning has been given a complete overhaul. The world should be much more dangerous now and full.
- Wookie has added to his suite of DLL tweaks, including the ability to read a schematic once only and expanding quests so that you can now quest a full tier below your current tier, as well as the ability to select from far more quests than what vanilla currently allows you to.
- Major fixes for bugs like progression resets and ingredient scaling not showing correctly. This version is way more stable than their previous ones and you can play with peace of mind.
- Nitrogen Support. JaxTeller718 has worked hard to tag and zone pois so that they will spawn nicely within Nitrogen. They have their own Nitrogen file included with the install you can use and it includes all vanilla pois so you wont need any other prefab file.
- Expanded Game Mechanics like tool heads for all tools and a new irrigation system with pipes for your crops are now in game. Old school farming makes a return as well, and plots are now unlockable via Living off the Land. Irrigation does not consume water so it will be a highly sought after end game build you will want to invest in.
- The Quest Phone. When you complete all your quests you will receive a phone you can place in your base. Each day that phone will have a handful of tasks you can complete for skill points, coins or items. These are repeatable so there is always something to do and more will be added in the future.
- The Whisperers have returned. If you disable the rage mechanic you can now enjoy the old mechanic of Whisperers where rarely a zombie will be human and chase after you.
- The options menu has been cleaned up and optimized. Wookie worked hard to optimize the settings for Wandering Hordes, Rage and POI Multipliers. Work is not done yet and there are more optimizations to come but this is in a much better place now than in 6.2
- Chapters make their return as well. Now for some recipes you will need to find more than one chapter so that you can complete the set to make the schematic in the research table. Trade with your friends!
- Robear has worked hard to bring back the original Bundle system known as Pallets. Every resource now has a craftable Pallet that you can place in your base. Make a huge warehouse of supplies! They have removed the vanilla bundle system from resources and lowered stacks for balancing to go hand in hand with this system.
- Limestone for concrete makes its return
- Over 500 lines of bug fixes, balances and changes that will make this version of RH unlike any other before it.
WARNING: This is an overhaul mod and as such is not intended to work well with modlets. If you use a modlet you do so at your own risk. There is a possibility your game may break or even your save. They can not troubleshoot any errors related to the use of outside modlets. There are just too many core changes to guarantee any will work well within their mod.
EAC must be disabled to play this mod.
Dedicated Server Links
For anyone who wants a direct download or wishes to set up their own Dedi or Server you can use these links. They contain Multiplayer files needed to run a server only.
Download Ravenhearst Mod Server Files
The following link always contains the latest and most current version of Ravenhearst for Single Player/Co-Op. To Download Single Player or Client Side Only Files use the following links.
Download Ravenhearst Mod Client/SP Files
Server Config Required for Server Owners
Ravenhearst comes packaged with a server config file that you need to use in order to use their custom settings. If you need a new or fresh copy of this file you can download it below
Download Ravenhearst serverconfig file
Nitrogen Prefablist For Ravenhearst
Everything you need to generate maps using Damocles awesome Nitrogen tool! Includes vanilla pois.
Download Prefab File
Archived Older Versions
Need to find an older version or just want to experience their older mods? Click below to be taken to our complete archive page. Ravenhearst Archives
If you appreciate JaxTeller718’s work on Ravenhearst feel free to use this donate link to show support. Donations go towards the acquisition of new Unity Assets as well as test servers etc, or even just a small show of appreciation with pizza! Pizza always makes smiles. They also have a Patreon set up for those who wish to offer ongoing support for development. You can check that out here.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: JaxTeller718, Mumphy, Sirillion, Magoli, Dust2Death, SphereII, Alfacinha, Guppycur, Khelldon, psousza4(MeanCloud), Genosis, Eihwaz, bdubyah, DMC, Axebeard, OrbitalBliss, KhaineGB, hernanxx