This mod adds a bunch of “fun” items into the game that you can find in places where mail would be found (mailboxes, desks, dressers, trash) in order to add a bit of backstory to the residents of the city, the outbreak and fall of civilization, and a bit of much needed whimsy.
This modlet is purposefully made for/to:
- Servers/clients: To not require any custom graphics/sounds/items so at times you may have to be a bit imaginative. When TFP allows icons/graphics suncing in modlets maybe he’ll add some.
- Loot thinning: By adding ‘junk’ (or mostly junk) items, you thin out the loot tables for those containers a bit, so some things (like perk books) should be harder to find. Additionally, now you can find more types of stuff in loot containers that you may not normally search.
- New ideas from old items: Not everything is junk! Most items can be scrapped, or used in some recipies as additional methods of crafting.
- More careful looting?: Most of the time looting you find items that are always useful in some context. This is to partially put a stop to that and make you have to be a little more careful with backpack management. Possibly not for everyone so hopefully the added humor in a lot of the items will make up for it. Some things give you many items and may fall all over the place if you open them and your backpack is too full.
There are a few types of items in this modlet:
- ~60 “useless” items: Items that are not of any use, clutter up your inventory, OR can be scrapped or used in recipes. You never know until you try!
- ~45 books. So you can find more in places you normally find books. Books currently are for fun and can read for a little EXP, burned for fuel, or sold.
- ~60 paper items/notes
- ~40 unopened parcels/boxes: Contain various items. Some good, some bad, some really good.
- 3 games to play: Soduku, Chess, Checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe. If you have time to burn. Specially sized containers for the game boards. Have to find or craft the pieces/puzzles depending on the game. Collect them all!
- 1 “Geocaching” treasure map: Who knows what it will contain?
- 1 Weapon: BB gun (and brass BB ammo). May actually be semi useful if heavily modded in early game and bullets are scarce. If you find it. Or give it to a “friend” and watch them try to reload it and realize it takes only BB’s.
- Made game pieces a little harder to find as they are more of a “collector” item with a secondary purpose of being a game (they were showing up more than intended).
- Added 1 “Geocaching” treasure map. A standard treasure hunt and dig, but with a very small loot container (only 4 slots) that the RNG gods may bless you with good items… or stuff you would normally find in a geocache… or both.
- Added more Boxes/Parcels to open. Some give very good loot items.
- Added more notes/papers to read
- Added more books (these are not perk books). Added EXP if you read them or the ability to burn them for fuel or sell to trader.
- Note: the purpose of so many extra books is for fun AND to dilute the loot tables in places you find books so perk books are harder to find.
- Added a few alternate recipes for vanilla items that use some of the “junk” items you can find, where it could make sense.
- Junk Turret Ammo (Regular)
- Blunderbuss Ammo
- Armor Water Purifier Mod
- Cloth Hat Armor
- Leather Knuckles melee weapon
The forum topic of the mod is here.