This mod adds a bunch of “fun” items into the game that you can find in places where mail would be found (mailboxes, desks, dressers, trash) in order to add a bit of backstory to the residents of the city, the outbreak and fall of civilization, and a bit of much needed whimsy.
Note: This mod can be slightly NSFW at times. If you’re using the “No Potty Mouth” or similar mods you might want to edit out a few items.
This mod is purposefully made for/to:
- Servers/clients: To not require any custom graphics/sounds/items so at times you may have to be a bit imaginative. When TFP allows icons/graphics suncing in mods maybe he’ll add some.
- Loot thinning: By adding ‘junk’ (or mostly junk) items, you thin out the loot tables for those containers a bit, so some things (like perk books) should be harder to find. Additionally, now you can find more types of stuff in loot containers that you may not normally search.
- New ideas from old items: Not everything is junk! Most items can be scrapped, or used in some recipies as additional methods of crafting.
- More careful looting?: Most of the time looting you find items that are always useful in some context. This is to partially put a stop to that and make you have to be a little more careful with backpack management. Possibly not for everyone so hopefully the added humor in a lot of the items will make up for it. Some things give you many items and may fall all over the place if you open them and your backpack is too full.
There are a few general types of items in this mod.
- ~60 “useless” items: Items that are not of any use, clutter up your inventory, OR can be scrapped or used in recipes. You never know until you try!
- ~45 books. So you can find more in places you normally find books. Books currently are for fun and can read for a little EXP, burned for fuel, or sold.
- ~70 paper items/notes
- ~20 poems: “Dark Love” Series and a few others.
- ~40 unopened parcels/boxes: Contain various items. Some good, some bad, some really good.
- 1 games to play: Soduku. If you have time to burn. Specially sized container for the game board. Collect them all!
- 1 “Geocaching” treasure map: Who knows what it will contain?
- 1 Weapon: BB gun
- 1 Blade mod: Rage Blade. 25% chance of bleeding on hit. (Craftable only)
PvP or Multiplayer:
- 4 nice/4 not nice notes to leave other players, or package some up in a box and leave for them.
- 10 “Player craftable gift boxes” to give out or place in loot, etc. Most items are jokes/not usable.
- 3 games to play: Chess, Checkers, Tic-Tac-Toe. If you have time to burn. Specially sized containers for the game boards. Have to find or craft the pieces/puzzles depending on the game. Collect them all!
- (new) Poems and Multiplayer Gifts +misc.
- Bugfix, for issue reported by Davidos667.
- Added items to air drops and some other fixes. Hopefully fixes for loot probabilities mentioned by Davidos667.
- Made game pieces a little harder to find as they are more of a “collector” item with a secondary purpose of being a game (they were showing up more than intended).
- Added 1 “Geocaching” treasure map. A standard treasure hunt and dig, but with a very small loot container (only 4 slots) that the RNG gods may bless you with good items… or stuff you would normally find in a geocache… or both.
- Added more Boxes/Parcels to open. Some give very good loot items.
- Added more notes/papers to read
The forum topic of the mod is here.