Background and Introduction
In April 2020 Snufkin presented us with ‘Snufkin’s Server Side Weapons‘ which is brought to stability in this A19 Stable expansion version and acts as a base. The original concept was simple, incorporate customised weapons into 7D2D by utilising existing in game assets to create some unique and delightful additions to the current set of weapons. These weapons are admittedly temperamental and buggy at times, more so than their partner vehicle mod, which Snufkin warned us about. For example, it is sometimes necessary to put the weapon back in the backpack and re-add it onto the toolbelt if it looks out of place. More importantly though, they are dedicated server stable and server hosts have shared very positive feedback on that.
Snufkin encouraged other modders to take a look at the xmls and see how underused functions could be applied to create these customised features. This Snufkin Weapons Xpansion has taken heed of that encouragement. Snufkin is currently taking a modding sabbatical but has been very open to allow the community to support and expand on the Snufkin line of server side mods and this adds to the Snufkin’s Community Pack Server Side Vehicles which aims to be a community project and Snufkin’s Server Side Custom Zombies which has been a community restoration and already has multiple variants which expand on the original.
Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Pack – A19 Stable
The Snufkin Weapons Xpansion has moved from testing to stable based on positive feedback after intensive testing in multiple community servers.
Particular thanks to Catman at Zombie Shack for running all Snufkin Mods in a server side only modded environment during the development stage, and Ti2xGr from Geek Gaming for running multiple Snufkin mods in a highly customised format to suit the server’s needs. Geek Gaming has posted their server details in the forum here should you be looking to test out multiple server side and client install mods that bring in additional elements such as Bdub’s Vehicles. In addition, BubbaJoe and Dre have provided much feedback and indepth support with coding that directly impacted the final build. There are many other servers out there running Snufkin Mods as standalone or mixed, as well as hybrids such as Robeloto hybrid mods which incorporate a few Snufkin features within Robeloto’s own creations which they highly encourage you to visit here.
Restoration and expansion has been a momentous task and there are issues for the player to contend with as mentioned above. Slawa and oakraven have been there from the beginning with the base mod restoration, but in this expansion Mod, oakraven has branched out with A19 base mod restoration to add additional weapons.
There were untold changes that needed to be implemented for the A19 Stable build and they will not be listed here. However, you can always compare the A18 build files with the A19 build if you wish to make a comparison.
Things for the future include:
- Considering progression for each Xpansion weapon as they can only be crafted to level 1. However, they can be looted from level 1 to 6.
- Adding new weapons.
- Updating as any issues arise.
For now, here is what Snufkin Weapons Xpansion offers:
- klak Attack Axe (oakraven)
- Glass Baseball Bat (oakraven)
- Star Baseball Bat (oakraven)
- Knife Baseball Bat (oakraven)
- Metal Bollard Club (oakraven)
- DCLXVI Zeus (oakraven)
- Arramus Fire (oakraven)
- Dre X3 (weapons – oakraven / Dre X3 Clucker Round ammo by Dre)
- oakraven X11 (oakraven)
- Black Widow (oakraven)
- Turret lights for the Turret Auger and Default player turrets. (oakraven, Slawa, and arramus)
- Mod Hats/Clothing/Friends – A variety of hats/clothing/friends that can be placed in the paint slot in appropriate armor head gear for additional buffs. Mods have received localization to explain their function and use. (oakraven)
- All of Snufkin’s Server Side Weapons restored to A19 Stable (Snufkin with restoration by oakraven and of course Slawa who gave Snufkin so much support from the outset):
- Gamma Gun
- Stricky Grenade
- Hyper Blaster
- Vampire Gauntlets
- Stun Grenade
- Turret Auger
- Balrog IX
- Kronos XII
- Crimson Hunter
- PP-19 Bizon
- Quad Shotgun
- Rail Gun
- Thor Hammer
- Crossbow Mag
The oakraven X11 with powerful .44 Magnum rounds and an X11 propelled grenade reward on each 10th kill.
The DCLXVI Zeus – Fires plasma blasts with a mortar like release and low velocity causing electrical ‘discomfort’ upon impact. However, the fully charged blast emits a high velocity laser like beam with extreme accuracy but at the cost of setting up the shot. A weapon of precision and timing.
The Snufkin Weapons Xpansion required limited changes for restorating the Lootbox Addon and they can be listed here as follows:
item name=”Railgun Ticket”
Commented out the following property to a new value as the previous value has become obsolete and will not present an icon.
<!--property name="CustomIcon" value="gunMR10"/-->
<property name="CustomIcon" value="gunRifleT2MarksmanRifle"/>
The Railgun shares a model with the Marksman Rifle and offers a similar function.
item name=”Hyperblaster Ticket”
Commented out the following property to a new value as the previous value has been updated.
<!--property name="CustomIcon" value="gunBlunderbuss"/-->
<property name="CustomIcon" value="gunShotgunT0Blunderbuss"/>
The Loot Box Add On is not essential for the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod to run but adds an interesting complementary element that can enhance the experience. In addition, the Loot Box Add On will also increase your chances for acquiring these weapons through a ticket trading system.
A small update with 2 more Hat/Clothing Mods from oakraven. This hat mod gives the user +2 harvest capability. (23 Nov 2020)
Here is an update for the Snufkin Weapons Xpansion Mod. (22 Nov 2020)
The changes are as follows:
- Additional Hat/Clothing/Friend Mods.
- Rabbit Friend – (Damage to entities, Strength, Damage resistance, and heat/cold resistance)
- Snake Friend – (Increase in strength and fall bracing)
- Vulture Friend – (Jump strength increase and jump stamina loss reduction weighted with walk and run speed reduction)
- As these 7 Mods have been added to hardened chest loot boxes along with the weapons, the probability of finding an Xpansion item has been increased from 0.2 to 0.25 while the probability of the type of item found remains exactly the same. This will ensure a slightly increased chance of finding something since there are so many more items added from the original mod settings.
If you’ve never installed a mod before it is necessary to create a mod folder in the main directory or in an area suggested by your server host if they have modified the installation. Simply make a new folder called Mods (with a capital M to reflect standard nomenclature). If you drag the mod folder directly out of the zipped file it can be placed directly into the Mods folder and the game will look in there as you launch your World. If you allow your unzip function to extract the folder, it may make another unnecessary folder and place the mod inside it. This will not be recognised by the game/server if you place it in the Mods folder like this. Please take it out of the extra folder level. The top layer will be a single folder and in the second layer you will see a ModInfo.xml file with or without additional folders depending on the mod. This will become elementary once you’ve launched a few mods.
The magic of this mod is that is only needs to be installed in the server/person who has launched the main environment that others join. It is a technical work of art. Enjoy.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: Arramus, Snufkin, oakraven, Slawa, ShoudenKalferas