Modder Snufkin introduced an innovative technique to ornate existing vehicles with attachment models to give them a unique appearance. In many cases, it went so far as to create new vehicles with experimental features and was released in a pack as Snufkin’s Custom Vehicles mod. This was followed with a Community version which added more additions on top.
A20 saw numerous updates to the vehicle code, which limits conversion of many A19 vehicles from the previous server side only releases. However, this A20 release can still combine some of the more popular vehicles from A19.
Apart from periodic issues with flying stability, and the noticeable lighting from hidden vanilla models on two of the vehicles, this selective few offers a highly functional mix. The current vehicle list, which is typically restricted by access to vanilla vehicles for their recipes, can be produced on the workbench.
- Hell Beast (Snufkin)
- Hell Fire (oakraven)
- Hell Dog (oakraven)
- Spider Bike (arramus)
Cars, Jeeps, Trucks, and Buses
- Hell Hound (oakraven)
- Hell Spikey (oakraven)
- Hell Car (oakraven)
- Magic Bus (Oakraven)
- Whirligig (arramus / utilising Bdubyah’s MD 500 helicopter settings)
- Shark Blimp (oakraven)
Pushed an update for the Motorcycles/Minibike to balance the following:
At ‘high’ speed the Motorcycles would cause speed wobbles and tilting. This has been removed as far as tests could show.
Landing jumps could cause the motorcycles to slow down and rear up on their front wheel. This is much less frequent.
The end result is smoother jumps and a greater ability to slide/drift corners. Arramus is out of practice with pushing these vehicles but could mostly keep it together and the improvement in handling was welcome. For players who prefer the older style, the file will remain on Github in storage but those speed wobbles… ^^
For Players and Server Admin/Hosts who have never installed a mod before, here are some simple step by step instructions:
- If you’ve never installed a mod before, it is necessary to create a mod folder in the main directory, typically (\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die). If you have a custom install or your server host has modified the installation location, then you may have to explore.
- Simply make a new folder called Mods (with a capital M to reflect standard nomenclature) in your ‘7 Days To Die’ main directory folder.
- You can now drag the mod folder directly out of the zipped file and it can be placed directly into the Mods folder. However, there may be a top folder which you do not need. You are looking for a folder that contains a ‘ModInfo’ file. The folder holding that file will be the one you add to your Mods folder. If you add a folder above that nesting then the game will not be able to see the mod. The top layer will be a single folder and in the second layer you will see a ModInfo.xml file with or without additional folders depending on the mod. Clear instructions on this stage are not possible due to different types of unzip application and their methods. However, this will become elementary once you’ve launched a few mods.
- Does this Mod need to be installed in the server/client host? = YES
- Do players also need to install this Mod? = NO
The magic of this mod is that is only needs to be installed in the server/person who has launched the main environment that others join. Enjoy.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: Arramus, Snufkin, oakraven
14 thoughts on “A20 Server Side Vehicles”
Thank you for uploading this. Is it safe to install it on existing saves?
ok try uploading this to my server and once i click on the Vehicles it crashs the server any ideas to fix it?
Error Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5. If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path “Entities/Cars/vehicleMagicBus_179393/Physics/tempPrefab_bus_shortPrefab”, Mesh asset path “” Mesh name “Collision”
Got this in logs ?
Im not getting sound on any custom vehicles, help?
Thank you so much i missed my helldog and hellbeast and helldog any chance the blimp that looks like an egg in your inventory might be added? this mod works perfectly thank you Aramus, Smnufkin and Oakraven
Why no jet-pack???
null, the bus still has its punctures you could have at least made it real wheels, and the car also still has its punctures really nobody from my server was impressed
Is there an A20 version of the Shark Blimp (oakraven) to be put as a single player mod?
sadly doesnt seem to work for alpha 20.5 🙁
The mod is fun but the shark blimp doesn’t look like a shark and it errors when ever I try to put it down
No jetpack? (sad face)
Why are flying bathtubs gone?
Works on Alpha 20.6 All of them! Including sounds 🙂