Guys and Gals, Welcome to the 2022! Wishing Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone! I just made big change on mod structure. Also added some little QoL and fun extras. Now this is not a modlet that includes everything, it is a compilation of 18 modlets. Check below descriptions to learn what’s included in them.
If anything doesn’t suit your taste, just delete its folder from ~/Mods folder. If you want what you deleted back, just open the archive and put it back into ~/Mods folder. For the sake of simplicity old descriptions removed but changelogs preserved. Therefore you have to try all these special things yourself to see what’s so special about them if you are new here and didn’t have chance to try earlier.
Mandatory to have. Never delete this folder unless you want complete uninstall.
- Special Forge and Workbench
- Invulnerable materials
- Special Stone Axe
Extra tools that I didn’t want in basics.
- Special Claw Hammer and Nailgun
- Special Paint Tool
Very useful apparel.
- Special Cigar and Shades
- Special Mining Helmet
- Special Rocket Shoes and Rocket Boots
Very useful drink, food and meds.
- Special Beer
- Special Hunter and Farmer Stew
- Special Painkiller
You can have candles made of zeds or charge your phone over zeds.
- Special Torch* and Flashlight
- Special Fireaxe and Javelin
*Known bug: you can’t power attack with Special Torch in 3rd person view. (3rd person view is only available via Debug Mode)
Silent. Useful. Long ranged.
- Special Bow and Crossbow
- Special Arrow and Crossbow Bolt
- Special Junk Turret
Nothing can destroy these unless you want it happen so.
- Invulnerable Steel Shapes
- Invulnerable Glass Block, Ramp, Plate and Pillar
- Invulnerable Storage Box
Indestructible housing blocks. Mannequin is a training dummy.
- Invulnerable House Door and Vault Door
- Invulnerable Cellar Hatch and Vault Hatch
- Invulnerable Garage Doors and Draw Bridge
- Invulnerable Female Mannequin
Special Bicycle. Fast speed. High resistance. 90 slots.
Special Trader. She sells what’s most required. Always open. Refreshing stock everyday.
More melee weapons including those added earlier upon request.
- Special Machete and Knuckles
- Special Club and Sledgehammer
- Special Spear
More ranged weapons, firearms to be exact.
- Special Double Barrel Shotgun, Pump Shotgun and Auto Shotgun
- Special .44 Magnum Revolver, Desert Vulture and Pistol
- Special SMG5, AK-47, Tactical AR and M60
- Special Hunting Rifle, Lever Action Rifle and Sniper Rifle
- Special Shotgun Slug, .44 Magnum, 9mm, 7.62mm Bullets and Bundles
Special Tank Top removed. Nothing else here yet.
special_things_00_basics is not required for that to work. UI modifications.
- Shows HP and name of entity
- Adds center mark to compass, color is aqua
special_things_00_basics is not required for that to work. Improves player hand and makes brawling a competitive build.
Increases player hand’s speed and damage.
special_things_00_basics is not required for that to work. Increases some stack quantities to 50K.
Resources, foods, drinks, medicals, drugs, ammo and others.
special_things_00_basics is not required for that to work. Change of working hours for all traders.
Now traders are working tirelessly, 7×24.
special_things_00_basics is not required for that to work. Do not read beyond this point if you are not an adult.
- Removes top from female torso (makes topless)
- Removes shorts from female legs (a panty will still be there)
How to Find in Game
- Creative menu
- This mod is server sided, if you prefer multiplayer your clients don’t need to download anything.
- Upgrading invulnerable block = getting regular destructible block
Small bugfix for Special Nailgun (Native nail as a magazine item was not doing any damage, it is fixed immediately.)
- Now this is not a modlet that includes everything, it is a compilation of 18 modlets.
- Check above description for what’s included in every one of them.
- Added Special Flashlight
- Added UI modifications
- Added player hand improvements
- Added QoL modifications
- Added something nsfw
Note that: Below issues were related to invulnerable blocks only version. Main versions of the mod don’t have any issues.
- Fixed storage box recipe
- Fixed having no tool to upgrade invulnerable blocks
Fixed no inventory issue when you open special forge or special workbench (it was because in A20 devs decided to add open_backpack_on_open=”true” close_compass_on_open=”true” parameters in xui.xml file)
Fixed Invulnerable Glass blocks, they are working on A20 now
A20.0.002 (not released to public)
- Added forged intermediate. A working -normal- forge needed to craft intermediate; intermediate needed to craft special forge; and intermediate + invulnerable steel + invulnerable glass needed to craft special workbench
- Removed admin shotgun and added admin pipe pistol instead
- Fixed Special Trader, it is working on A20 now
- Fixed Special Bicycle, it is working on A20 now
A20.0.001 (not released to public)
Initial version for A20 build
Disclaimer: Weapon IDs changed (e.g. AK-47) If you are updating from previous version some of your weapons can disappear.
- Fixed names and added description texts to all. PM me if you are interested translating into your language.
- Made special items and invulnerable blocks craftable only on special forge and special workbench
- Adjusted ranges, zoom levels, spreads and kicks of all weapons
- Added special painkiller to bring “removeallnegativebuffs” buff back
- Changed special stone axe into less powerful tool but, now it is possible to craft without workbench
- Added special claw hammer to fill the void of old special stone axe
- Added special javelin, it is possible to craft without workbench but, it is way cheaper and faster with workbench
- Added special spear, basically better version of special javelin
- Added special fireaxe, it is possible to craft without workbench but, it is way cheaper and faster with workbench
- Added special admin shotgun to help server admins. It is not viable to craft, since target users are admins they can get via CM
- Changed some weapons’ sound as silencer version where it is possible
- Removed special stun baton as it was able to harm traders irreversibly which can affect gameplay in a bad way (No problem though if you used on Rekt, he deserves it)
- Fixed some minor errors those missed earlier
- Made many minor changes and adjustments
Note: Crafting special stone axe, special javelin and special fireaxe without workbench can seem overpowered to experienced players but, it is not completely right. I tested them to not make them dominate the game in day 1, yes of course they are not your ordinary useless stone items, of course they are special however they still can’t save your day solely against a horde night. They are just Quality of Life tools, especially when starting a new game. Also many newcoming players find 7DTD challenging to play and drop playing, I believe these tools can make some players actually start enjoying the game and keep playing.
- Added special melee weapons
- Candy club
- Steel spear
- Stun baton
- Added special ranged weapons
- Compound bow
- Iron crossbow
- Pump shotgun
- Auto shotgun
- Tactical AR
- Marksman rifle
- Sniper rifle
- Added special ammo
- Steel arrow AP (and its bundle)
- Steel crossbow bolt AP (and its bundle)
Increased invulnerable storage box stack to 30k like other invulnerable blocks
- Added invulnerable storage box
- Fixed special forge and workbench being destructible (now both are invulnerable)
- Created optional/lightweight/nostorage edition of mod due to compatibility issues with Undead Legacy. (Download from here)
- Added special handgun desert vulture
- Added special torch
- Added special food hunter stew
- Added special food farmer stew
- Torch power attack effects implemented
- Fixed knuckles power attack harvesting options
- Knuckles block damage and range increased
- Changed craft times (to bring some immersion)
- Changed the ammo types special weapons can use (now you can use regular ammo with special weapons)
- Exhanged swing sound of machete heavy and light attack as well as knuckles
- Added elemental (explosion) resistance to helmet, tanktop, boots and shoes
- Improved some passive and triggered effects (minor edit of some buffs like adding radiation resistance to special apparel)
- Removed removeallnegativebuffs effect from special foods, instead added extra health bonus and matched its duration with stamina bonus
- Changed Invulnerable blocks upgrade items (to make them vulnerable) to forged invulnerable materials (previously those were invulnerable blocks themselves)
- Changed Invulnerable blocks repair items to forged invulnerable materials (previously those were invulnerable blocks themselves)
- Other minor fixes
- Added special bicycle
- Added special turret
- Fixed wrong icons for special ammo bundles, now bundles show corresponding ammo’s icon.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixed special forge and special workbench (XUi was missing).
- Added missing invulnerable steel door recipe.
- Added special steel knuckles.
- Added special rocket shoes and changed special rocket boots.
- Also there are other minor changes;
- Special mining helmet’s light changed,
- Bartering bonus of special beer adjusted,
- Special smg’s recipe changed,
- Standardised code/text in items.xml,
- Fixed special machete stacking issue,
- Improved special shades (added attribute bonuses and loot game stage bonus),
- Improved special cigar (added attribute bonuses, improved barter sell bonus),
- Removed negative earth damage multiplier of special stone axe (for faster digging at early game).
- Fixed recipe of special trader.
- Fixed/added recipe for special machete.
- Improved text/code of special drink beer, created new buff for it.
- Added special forge and workbench.
- Added invulnerable steel door (simplistic alternative to vault door).
- Fixed invisible icons of invulnerable steel bars.
- Fixed wrong model of .44 Magnum handgun.
- Added Special Machete (to farm animal fat, leather etc).
- Added Special Trader (Copy of Jen with different items; you can buy, sell and take jobs like any other trader, you can place her anywhere and also place as much as you want).
Bugfix; CustomIcon parameters changed to fix invisible icons in A19 version.
Gun parts’ names in recipes changed for A19 compatibility.
The forum topic of the mod is here.