Do you enjoy vanilla? But you find vanilla is a cake walk that hands everything to you on a silver platter and you’re all kitted out by day 21 and get bored?
Hardcore Survivalist keeps the vanilla feel and cranks up the difficulty and slows down progression.
- You have an incurable (but treatable) infection. Although, it is rumoured that there’s a cure out there somewhere.
- Dying from infection is gameover!
- Food is scarcer.
- Tighter economy.
- Far less quantity in loot.
- Zombies, zombies and more zombies! So many zombies.
- Most of the Tier 1 melee items have buffed entity/block dmg by 20%, to help lower the gap between T1 and T2 melee items.
- Start with a Quality 4 Tier 0 non-gun weapon of your choice with one perk point for that weapon.
- Replaced Charismatic Nature perk with Survival Instinct, which targets self.
- Grants +5 Max Health/Stamina, +10% block dmg, +5% entity dmg, +1 carry weight, +3% XP. Per rank.
- There’s also a Master Mode, disabled by default, that turns all normal zombies into ferals, and ferals into radiateds.
A more thorough list of changes can be found in the mods folder.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: FranticDan, Hells_Janitor, Subquake, Dwallorde