In the vanilla game, snowberries are nearly usesless. They cannot be grown, their only use is to eat them, and they don’t give much food.
This seems like a waste to him, so he added a bunch of uses for snowberries.
In the real world, snowberries were used mostly for medicinal purposes by Native American tribes.
They also taste like wintergreen (reportedly – he has not eaten them). He based the in-game uses on these facts.*
- Snowberries can be grown from seeds and harvested. The seed recipe is unlocked from either a schematic, or from the same Living Off The Land perk level as blueberry seeds.
- Snowberry tea can be crafted in a campfire with a cooking pot. The tea gives 24 water and cures dysentery 10%. Snowberry paste can be used the same as medical aloe cream, and can be used instead of aloe cream when crafting first aid bandages. The paste takes five snowberries to craft.
- Snowberries replace blueberries in herbal antibiotics recipes.
- Grandma’s Gin: “How intelligent people get drunk and belligerent.” It provides the buffs of beer and the nerdy glasses, combined. The gin recipe is unlocked from either a schematic, or from the same Master Chef perk level as Grandpa’s Moonshine.
- v1.0.1: Snowberries now stay planted when harvested
- Snowberries now grow into HarvestPlayer version (not version in POIs)
- Updated patch version
This mod uses XPath to modify XML files, and does not require SDX or DMT. It should be compatible with EAC.
However, the mod also includes new non-XML resources (new icons). These resources are not pushed from server to client. For this reason, the mod should be installed on both servers and clients.
The forum topic of the mod is here.