A mod that implements the “mostly dead” character death style for 7D2D. For the manifesto, see: Mostly Dead: A Manifesto
This mod deals only with the player death aspects. The idea is that when a player character dies, players respawn as an entirely new character, but they respawn into a (mostly) unchanged world.
When the player character dies:
- The player’s inventory is deleted (the “DropOnDeath” setting is forced to “Delete All”).
- Skill points are reset (not removed), and books that were read are forgotten.
- Bedrolls and beds are no longer spawn points, so players do not spawn on them.
- The player map is reset, including any saved waypoints.
- Player quests are removed, and a quest is given that automatically rewards the player with the items they start with when starting a new game.
- Player vehicles are destroyed.
- The player’s active land claim block is rendered inoperable.
- The player’s ACL (Access Control List – i.e. friends list) is cleared.
If you are using this mod, you do not need to install the following mods:
Those mods are now for players who prefer XML-only mods.
This is a DMT mod. So requires DMT Modding Tool. It is not compatible with EAC. After installation, it is highly recommended to start a new game.
The forum topic of the mod is here.