This mod makes infections much more deadly by taking less time to reach 100%, and being randomly rolled each time you get infected.
The vanilla game (in a19) takes approx 7 hours [real time] for an untreated infection to reach 100%.
This mod changes that to 3 hours (max allowed real time) and adds an element of randomness so each time you get infected so you may have a chance of having less time to treat the infection.
The odds of “time left” [real time, not game time] once you are infected, are currently:
% Chance – Time [real time, not game time] to 100% infection if untreated
- %15 – 3 hours
- %20 – 2 hours
- %25 – 1.5 hours
- %25 – 1 hour
- %10 – 45 minutes
- %5 – 30 minutes
- Increase game difficulty.
- More immersion. You never know how badly you are infected until you are scratched. Maybe it was a deep scratch, maybe it was a mutant strain, who knows.
- More incentive to not get touched by zombies.
- More incentive to not ignore infections. You may have to carry antibiotics at all times, or run back to your base/trader/other players immediately to get some.
- An untreated infection during a horde night or early game where you cannot loot or barter/trade can easily prove fatal.
- (new) Conversion to a20.
- Fixed invalid XML formatting.
Download for A20
Download for A19
The forum topic of the mod is here.
One thought on “Buff Infection”
This mod is awesome but another problem on 7 days is that dysentery/food poisoning needs to be really buffed because in real life eat/drinking raw or rotten stuff is a lot more harmful in real life, thanks for the mod this is amazing.