This mod makes infections much more deadly by taking less time to reach 100%, and being randomly rolled each time you get infected.
The vanilla game (in a19) takes approx 7 hours [real time] for an untreated infection to reach 100%.
This mod changes that to 3 hours (max allowed real time) and adds an element of randomness so each time you get infected so you may have a chance of having less time to treat the infection.
The odds of “time left” [real time, not game time] once you are infected, are currently:
% Chance – Time [real time, not game time] to 100% infection if untreated
- %15 – 3 hours
- %20 – 2 hours
- %25 – 1.5 hours
- %25 – 1 hour
- %10 – 45 minutes
- %5 – 30 minutes
- Increase game difficulty.
- More immersion. You never know how badly you are infected until you are scratched. Maybe it was a deep scratch, maybe it was a mutant strain, who knows.
- More incentive to not get touched by zombies.
- More incentive to not ignore infections. You may have to carry antibiotics at all times, or run back to your base/trader/other players immediately to get some.
- An untreated infection during a horde night or early game where you cannot loot or barter/trade can easily prove fatal.
The forum topic of the mod is here.