This mod is derived from “Tristam’s Tactical Action” mod. I removed a ton of unused and broken items and added a lot of missing items/features. A lot of legacy code and references were removed so it is truly just the guns and ammo now. I have since made so many changes that it warants the renaming from “Tactical Action ViperInfinity” to “Tactical Weapons”.
This mod adds various ranged weapons, mods, and scopes while maintaining most of the vanilla features or expanding on them. You can craft these new items at the Ammo Bench (New workstation). All credits to IvanDX for the original mod and Tristam.
You can safely delete TacticalAction from your mod folder and replace it with this!
Install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods
- New Mods!
- New Scopes!
- New Weapons!
- Complete Animations!
- Colt 1911
- USP 9
- Beretta 93R
- Glock 18C
- Desert Eagle
- Raging Bull
- Colt M1873
- KRISS Vector
- M4 Super 90
- AUG A3
- SCAR L
- SCAR H
- Gatling Guns
- Winchester M1894
- M1 Garand
- M14 EBR
- China Lake
To Do List
- Align some scopes and fix projected laser dot location on some weapons (Mostly assault rifles).
- Rework scope attachment system within the mod to bring it in-line with vanilla and remove remaining chinese text popup installation on weapons.
- Rework names and descriptions for various items
- Add more weapons like the P90
- Removed all pop-up chinese text when swapping to any weapon
- Renamed mod to Tactical Weapons
- Some scopes also no longer install the chinese text pop up when equiped
- Added proper groups to all weapons in items.xml
- Added vanilla laser sight effects to modded laser sight (non-toggable)
- Added vanilla light effects to modded light attachment (toggable)
- Fixed all weapon animations and added missing ones
- Removed a lot of unused particle effects and animations from all gun animations
- Removed un-needed XML code for attachments
- Removed non-vanilla muzzle flashes
- All ammo and weapons show up in the proper spots in the UI
- Removed metal ammo boxes, ammo bundles, and ammo crates
- Removed TA pad modification, duplicate Scope4xACOG_TA31 modification
- Changed ammo bench icon to avoid confusion on where items need to be crafted
- Removed duplicate/unusable recipes
- Added missing recipes
- My friends are really enjoying my modified TacticalAction changes so I probably will continue this past this point until it is different enough to be called something else.
- Removed multiple versions of the M1 Garand
- Fixed TacticalAction mods not unlocking properly( bipod, grip, etc…)
- Added several missing modifier tags to Tactical Action weapons
- Added proper modifier tags to all TacticalAction mods
- Removed custom stack counts and economic values (all were at 1 for stacks) for mods by adding in the vanilla template
- Removed zeroing mod
- Added appropriate vanilla mods to list of compatible attachments for TacticalAction guns
- Made the XML’s a bit more readable
- Raging bull revolver is now considered a revolver
- Added modified traders and loot xml’s from Kingston621
- Added a the general silencer schematic to the lootpool
- Added AdvancedScopes schematic to the lootpool
- Removed Bipod from MGT3M60E4 picture
- Fixed MP5 and UMP scopes
- Modified hold type for 686 shotgun to help fit it in the hands a little better. Still looks wrong but it’s not as wrong anymore.
- Increased compatibility with other mods in regards to how it adds these modded items.
- Removed menu elements for SMX compatibility
- Removed unused cooking stations
- Modified the ammo bench to work with SMX
- Removed Radio, psi, and food references
- Removed howling noises and other added non-weapon related noises
- Removed Light Sticks
- Removed non-weapon and non-ammo images
- Removed many unused items
- Removed a lot of legacy code
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: ViperInfinity, Tristam, IvanDX