It is bundled up with a sample 6K World called Pack01 which considers specific POIs which need to be in a certain Biome for context (Snow Orc POIs are in the Snow and Old West is in the Desert).
Additional Modpack Worlds
Here is an additional 8K World ‘Pack02’. Again, it surrounds Snow Orc POIs with snow, and adds Old West to the Desert.
Here is an additional 10K World ‘Pack03’. It also surrounds Snow Orc POIs with snow, and adds Old West to the Desert.
The Oakraven Forest Modpack has been primarily compiled for players who have played through the main game. It is an additive Modpack and nothing that impacts regular gameplay (progression, assets, etc) has been removed.
The Oakraven Forest Modpack provides players with an ‘out of the city’ gaming experience. Players have access to a variety of tools and resources that provide greater levels of self sufficiency and quality of life. It is heavily influenced by Oakraven’s Forest Collection and acts as a Modpack show case. It also contains some of oakraven’s unreleased mod content to provide a greater level of immersion.
In addition, additional community creations have been bundled into this Modpack to bring cohesion and expansion.
This 1-OakModpackCore Modpack provides an abundance of Oakraven’s mod alongside a variety of expansion and quality of life mods. The mix is quite eclectic and gives players further opportunities within the framework of 7D2D content.
This Modpack contains the following modlets/modifications:
- Oak Traps (Custom Traps)
- Oak Modpack UI (Custom HUD features)
- Replace Mod (Block type replacements and additions)
- Dragon Cannon (Custom Weapon)
- New Weapons (Custom Weapons)
- Space Ship Supply Drop (Futuristic flyover in place of regular plane and supply crate)
- Torches Lights (A collection of wood burning lights)
- Water Wells and Sinks (A variety of custom water sources such as wells and stand pipes that can be placed within a player’s boundaries)
- Rock Drills (Provides a gentle resource trickle for underground materials while out questing)
- Draw Bridges (A variety of walkways the act like horizontal plane draw bridges)
- Cooking Stations (Blenders, Mincing Machine, and Stove/Oven type appliances)
- Sign Cupboards (More storage choice variety)
- Power Things (Renewable power solutions)
- Hydroponic Farming (Farm underground with good returns, new crops, and a few new meals… and Fireflies)
- Fish Farm (Craft fish farm plots, place a starter kit, let them grow, harvest and eat)
- Chicken Coops (Find Baby Chicks in nests, place them in a Coop, reap the rewards)
- Bee Hives (Find Queen Bees, Craft Bee Hives, Collect Honey Comb and make some nice treats)
- Oakraven Workstations (4 Custom Workstations – Oakraven Forge, Chemistry Station, Powder Mixer, and Cement Mixer)
- Oakraven Traders (5 selected custom traders to give Bob, Hugh, Jen, Joel, and Rekt a short vacation to Navezgane)
- A20 Skyrim Style Lockpicking MiniGame (Makes lockpicking skill based)
- KhaineGB’s Inventory Lockable Slots Mod (Allows players to stop essential items being removed form the backpack when bulk moving)
- Quest – Blood Moon Vanguard (Gives players an incentive to stay for Horde Night and pick up a Skill for completing an objective)
- Quest – Eliminate the Horde (Gives players a Craft/Build/Upgrade Quest opportunity to survive a wave of grunt/feral/radiated entities)
- Quest – Pest Control (Gives players a starting quest to cull laboratory specimens from 1-ZombiezPack)
- Quest – Snow Orcs (Cull Darkstardragon’s Orcs in the snow)
- Quest – Infestation (Cull Xyth’s Spiders with arramus’ expansion abominations)
- Quest – Beast Bust (Eliminate Darkstardragon’s Flying Beastz)
- Quest – Beast Boom (Eliminate Darkstardragon’s Land Beastz)
- Quest – Summon Fox Friend (An item to spawn the 0-XNPCCore Fox to offset despawning)
In addition, some Addons that are powered by 0-Score and 0-XNPCCore and bundled directly are as follows:
- 1-SurvivorzPack (A collection of helpers who can assist you, for a price)
- 1-OrczPackAlpha and 2-OrczPackBeta (The Orcz have taken over the Snow Biome)
- 1-khzmusik_Zombies (A variety of well crafted entities to enhance regular 7D2D zombie interactions from khzmusik)
- 1-ZombiezPack (A variety of hostile looking zombies from Darkstardragon)
- 1-GansSpecialZombies (A variety of fancy dress type zombies from GanTheGrey) + 2- Feral and Radiated
- 1-NPCXSpiderPack and 2-NPCXSpiderPack-ColonyExpansion (Spiders for the Wasteland and Desert Biome)
- 1-FantasticBeastz (Mythical Beasts for the Wasteland and Desert Biome)
- 1-YeOldeUndeadPack (A variety of Medieval undead + 2- Radiated)
OakModPackCore Modpack Creators and Developers in Alphabtical Order from Z – A:
- xyth and sphereii with Mumpfy for branding – Created the A20 Skyrim Style Lockpicking MiniGame. (The assets are embedded and remain as per original).
- Xyth – Created the 1-NPCXSpiderPack.
- Oakraven – Created Oakraven Forest Collection assets.
- MichaelL. – Supported OAK_NPC_Bandits_Settlement_01. (Look out for that awesome airship).
- Laz Man – Created Quest – Blood Moon Vanguard and Eliminate the Horde.
- khzmusik – Created 1-khzmusik_Zombies.
- KhaineGB – Unlocked Inventory Lockable Slots Mod.
- GanTheGrey – Created 1-GansSpecialZombies.
- Darkstardragon – Created 1-ZombiezPack, 1-SurvivorzPack, 1-OrczPackAlpha and 2-OrczPackBeta, 1-FantasticBeastz, and 1-YeOldeUndeadPack. Also performed an abundance of play testing and coding support through the connected ‘Not Medieval Mod’.
- arramus – Supported the Oakraven Forest Collection with NPCMod and Addon integration, 2-NPCXSpiderPack-ColonyExpansion, Fox things, xml, compilation, distribution, quality control balancing, and even added the odd icon or two.
Compopack 48 Fabbersville
The Compopack is a well known and very well established 7D2D resource that allows custom POIs/Prefabs to be added to Worlds. Submissions are made to the CP team and kept as intact as possible beyond carefull modification for quality and performance. This Compopack Mod contains POIs which are combined to be Fabbersville. Fabbersville provides a town and residential environment. It is a more ‘out of the city’ environment built around the superb 7D2D A20 Tiling system. Check them out here.
None of the assets are edited in this Compopack 48 Fabbersville mod, although there are some xml changes as follows:
- The Old West area of 7D2D allows traders to be added to their tiling system. (Just like a Western Trading Post)
- Country Town has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- Town has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- City has been removed to provide the ‘out of the city’ experience.
- Commercial has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- Downtown has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- Industrial has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- Residential has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- Country Residential has been removed since Fabbersville serves a very similar purpose.
- Spawning has been customised to reflect town and residential areas that go beyond Biome spawn values. More urbanised areas see more zombies.
There is some crossover in the towns, districts, and areas above.
One thing that remains is ‘Rural’ area. POIs given this tag are generally placed as an outskirt ‘District’ for towns and cities. This has been added as a ‘District’ for Fabbersville instead. This means that Fabbersville POIs will be more central in the tiling system. 7D2D ‘Rural’ tagged POIs will commonly be placed around the outside of the Fabbersville tiling system. This creates some large townships with plenty of looting and quest potential but with gentler rendering and some delightful community made POIs.
Thank you to stallionsden and the CP team for all the work that went into this gargantuan project.
0-Score, 0-XNPCCore and Addons
The NPCMod is a community made asset that gives life to custom made NPCs, among many other features. 0-Score and 0-XNPCCore power the Addons. This Modpack will follow the 0- (Core files), 1- (Addon files), and 2- (Expansion files) format. This ensures load order is appropriate. However, the 1- (Addon files) are bundled directly into 1-OakModpackCore. This helps to decrease load times due to less Localization files which can be surprisingly slow, and assist with overall efficiency. Care has been taken to ensure creators have been credited both in this Readme and within the xml files.
Random Main Menu Background
This mod is cared for by closer_ex and provides Modpacks and Overhauls with a custom Main Menu Background image that is shown randomly. This provides a very nice feature to personalise and highlight different aspects of what players can face. It can be downloaded here, among many other delights. closer_ex combines modding with some complex coding, and has been very willing to assist other modders.
Starting Out as a New Player
Once you spawn in game, you will see your tool belt contains different items to usual.
The first thing to do is open the can of Friendly Fox Food to receive 20 meat. This allows you to hire the friendly fox which also spawns in your close vicinity.
If you are unable to see the fox, it may be chasing zombies.
You will also see a Fish Stick pack. This contains two items, a Fish Stick melee weapon and a Perch Pie for sustenance.
The First Stick will be either Quality 5 or 6. It does more damage than a wooden club but less than a baseball bat.
It provides more experienced players a chance to start from where they left off while still offering a challenge.
This Fish Stick was crafted by Forest Hermit swmeek who will answer any questions on how best to use it.
Additional items include Quest items. One is for Laz Man’s ‘Eliminate the Horde’ quest and the other is for a ‘Pest Control’ quest that asks players to keep certain entities under control. In this case it is 3 experimental entities from Darkstardragon’s 1-ZombiezPack.
It is recommended to complete the initial Survival Quests because upon completion players are given a ‘Blood Moon Vanguard’ quest that asks players to eliminate entities from Darkstardragon’s 1-YeOldeUndeadPack entities. This is a collection of Medieval looking entities that will only appear during Blood Moon in Grunt, Feral, and Radiated form (Chaos type).
Just as usual, players are then directed to a Trader or Multi-Trader. The Trader POIs are just the same as usual but with a little customisation.
As the rotating Billboard shows (switch between 3 different images each side), trading hours have been extended.
Trader Bird Man replaces Trader Hugh as your friendly weapons expert.
Get your first quest from the Trader, and pick up some side quests along the way. There are 7 elimination type quests in total.
About the Environment
The tiling system supports the CP48 Fabbersville and Rural as its district. It renders very smoothly for lower end systems but still provides all Tiers for Questing.
The Old West supports Traders and has also been expanded.
Some things to consider about the Biomes:
- Snow – Contains Snow Orcs (powered by the NPCMod)
- Wasteland and Desert – Contains Mythical Beasts and Spiders (powered by the NPCMod)
- Forest – Provides players a retreat, beyond Horde Night ‘Ye Olde Undead Pack’ (powered by the NPCMod)
Biomes also contain friendly hireable assistants although they are loathe to go into the Wasteland and Snow and will be a much rarer sight in those areas.
Without giving too much away, there are a fair number of custom features covering tools, weapons, farming, and other quality of life additions.
Some craftable items will force the player to go into the Wasteland to collect crystals, Forest to search for Bee Logs, and Desert to search for Peppers. The vast majority incorporates regular world items.
There are some fun weapons to explore, some of which are the Punk series of hand held shooters.
As such, this Modpack includes some token gestures grabbed from the Server Side Vehicle mod with some modifications to ensure they do not conflict. They are all added to Progression, Loot, and Traders to match the regular vehicle types.
Between the Minibike and Motorcycle but with its own unique traits. ^^
There may be a few more surprises to explore.
A small update for the new Daggers. They have been given intermediary attack/recipe values so they are ‘better’ than knives but not quite at the same level of a machete, although their power attack and divine mod are something to behold.
The Hermit Helper recipe has also dropped from 5 Lion Mushrooms to 4, to help servers that change the spawn settings to increase other spawns at the detriment of some of the hydroponic plant collection (wild plants and mushrooms).
An important update for players who feel that the custom NPC POIs are a little overwhelming since NPCs can be ultra sensitive to the player’s presence and attack in bulk numbers from the outset.
This update incorporates Khzmusik’s 2-khzmusik_variable_NPC_sleepers. It turns ‘off’ how quickly the NPC becomes aware of the player and in practice brings back a sense of the stealth potential even though that is not specifically targetted. This has been tested on A20.6. and noticeably calms down NPC awareness.
This images shows how close Arramus can get to the spiders in their nest in a darkened area before they began to attack. By now he would have been flooded by spiders on the outside of the nest and it resulted in a patchy game play experience.
This was also tested in the day light at the Snow Orc compound and game play felt more balanced and in context with proximity and player movements.
For players who already have the latest build and prefer not to download again, it requires 2 small updates.
For blocks.xml in the 1-OakModpackCore in the same area at the top which toggles on/off other Score tweaks such as the Advanced Locks and Health Bar.
And for the entityclasses.xml of the same folder. There is also a specific NPCMod tweaks area at the top. A20.6 experimental also sees a few odd moments for the NPCMod where behaviour is a little different to the current stable build and we’re monitoring that. Feedback will be appreciated.
For Players and Server Admin/Hosts who have never installed a mod before, here are some simple step by step instructions:
- If you’ve never installed a mod before, it is necessary to create a Mods folder in the main directory, typically inside
\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die. In the future, this location may change and we’ll update instructions at that time. If you have a custom install or your server host has modified the installation location, then you may have to explore.
- Simply make a new folder called Mods (with a capital M to reflect standard nomenclature) in your ‘7 Days To Die’ main directory folder.
- You can now drag all of the mod folders directly out of the zipped file, and it can be placed directly into the Mods folder.
- Does this Mod need to be installed in the server/client host? = YES
- Do players also need to install this Mod? = YES (because it contains custom content that cannot be downloaded from the server).
The contents of this Modpack contains these folders and files. The bottom two files can be removed. The Readme mirrors the contents of this thread. The zipped Pack01 contains a 6K World that can be unzipped and placed in the Worlds folder if needed.
Launching the Modpack will require EAC to be set as False/Off due to the custom content.
Download Oakraven Forest Modpack
Download Additional 8K World ‘Pack02’
Download Additional 10K World ‘Pack03’
Download 0-XNPCCore-A20.6(b8) (For players using the A20.6(b8) you will also need to install this patch, in addition to the main download, in your Mods folder to address some fundamental updates.)
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: Arramus, Oakraven and community