Hurting yourself is easier, healing yourself is more painful.
Bandages must be sterilized to prevent infection.
- Dirty bandages can be crafted from only cloth fragments, but have a chance to cause infection. The chance of infection is much higher if you have a laceration.
- Bandages must be sterilized by boiling with clean water in a cooking pot.
- Crafting a first aid bandage requires a sterile (vanilla) bandage instead of cloth.
- To make up for the increased infection chances, first aid items now have a small antibiotic effect.
- In non-rare medical loot, dirty bandages are found instead of bandages, and sterile (vanilla) bandages are found instead of first aid bandages.
You’re Not Rambo
Using a sewing kit to sew up lacerations is agonizing. You now make a lot of pain sounds to let the world know how agonizing it is. …Unless you’re drunk.
Fire Is Bad
If you’re on fire, do not try to put it out by dousing yourself with flammable liquids.
- Grain alcohol
- Grandpa’s Moonshine
- Grandpa’s Awesome Sauce
- Recog (you will still get the other effects)
You can now drink gasoline. Don’t drink gasoline.
Can’t Shake It Off
Concussion effects now occur much more often (on average, it’s still random).
This mod uses XPath to modify XML files, and does not require SDX or DMT. It should be compatible with EAC.
However, the mod also includes new non-XML resources (new icons). These resources are not pushed from server to client. For this reason, the mod should be installed on both servers and clients.
After installation, it is highly recommended to start a new game.
Khzmusik has included a the Gimp file for the new dirty bandage icon.
He also included a lighter version of the icon. While the lighter icon looks a bit better in the inventory and toolbelt, he thought it was too hard to tell the difference between that icon and the vanilla bandage icon.
If you disagree, and want to use the lighter version:
- Delete or rename the existing medicalBandageDirty.png file
- Rename medicalBandageDirty.lighter.png to medicalBandageDirty.png
Re-Use of New Assets
The icon images are derivative works of The Fun Pimps original images. He does not claim any rights over these images.
You may only re-use the images under the same terms and conditions that you would use the original images from The Fun Pimps.
- (new) Updated for A20.
- Medical (clean) bandages now listed under campfire chemicals group.
- Drunk Gasoline buff only fires if you’re holding gasoline
- If you use a gasoline-powered tool (like an augur), that counts as “using” the gasoline too. This change prevents getting the buff in those cases.
Download for A20
Download for A19
The forum topic of the mod is here.