- Mods List/Settings UI accessible from the main menu. Enable/Disable and customize mod settings from mods that support the Mod Manager Mod Settings API.
- Game mod list compatibility checking. Ensures you don’t load a save with the wrong set of mods.
- Better error handling. Shows a user-friendly dialog box with the option to copy/ignore the message instead of spamming the in-game console with no way to close it.
- Mod version checking. Get notified if any new mod updates are available, as well as get compatibility updates about old/new mod versions with the current version of the game installed.
- Custom Mod Loader. Load mods from multiple directories (as well as the new default %AppData%\7DaysToDie\Mods and the old 7DaysToDie\Mods program folder).
- Mod Dependency Management. Prevent mods that are missing other mods from being loaded, causing errors during startup without any way to figure out what mod is causing it.
Mod Developers (API)
The Mod Manager includes its own APIs to integrate with mods (C# currently, XPath/XML support coming soon), currently including a Mod Manifest API that allows your users to check for new mod versions within the in-game Mods menu, and a Mod Manager API (currently including a Mod Settings API to allow users to customize settings without needing to restart their game (and the UI is handled all by the Mod Manager). The API is written as a wrapper that can be included in your project as a source file, which allows for optional Mod Manager support – meaning no errors will be thrown if the user chooses not to use the Mod Manager with your mod).
More information about the API can be found here.
(Note: At the time of writing, the documentation is still incomplete!)
SMXmenu Support: Download
Mod settings support with Improved Hordes.
Note: This mod is not client-side EAC-compatible and will not run with EAC enabled due to how mod DLL loading works in A20.
Download and extract the latest release into the Mods folder in your 7 Days to Die install folder (create one if it does not exist).
Settings can be modified in the Mod Manager Settings Tab in the Mods menu.
Mod Manager 1.0.2 Update Released for Alpha 20.5 B2
- Error when attempting to create a new world using RWG.
- Fixed versioning notifying of a new update when using a newer version than published in the remote manifest.
SMXmenu now supported.
The forum topic of the mod is here.