This mod was designed to walk the line between realism and fun engaging gameplay. Where realism became grindy or not fun Spider tried to aim for engaging gameplay mechanics with a focus on risk and reward and a strong sense of consequences. Death in this mod should not be viewed as dyeing and respawning but as if you got beaten to near death and stumbled home and passed out till you wake up(respawn). In this mod death occurs when your player can not respawn anymore.
Choosing Your Character
Upon starting, players will have Knowledge Points available to purchase up to 3 Traits, a Hobby and a Profession. These choices will determine the players starting stats, items and recipes. Players are able to learn all Professions over time by collecting 20 Profession Pages and crafting another Professions Kit. Traits do not stack. The following are the Players Starting Choices.
(All can be learned by collecting loot items during game, do not stack)
- Unique Recipes – Gun Oil
- Starting Recipes – Pistol, Stun Baton, Weapon Repair Kit
- Starting Bonus Stats – Handgun Specialization 10% Faster Reload, better Aim & Handling w/Handguns
- Starting Bonus Gear- Old Revolver 6q; 9mm Rounds x20
- Starting Recipes – All Food Recipes
- Starting Bonus Stats – +20% Faster Food Cooking speed
- Starting Bonus Gear – old Knife 6q
- Starting Recipes – Plant Salve, Molotov Cocktail
- Starting Bonus Stats – 20% More Block Damage with Axes
- Starting Bonus Gear- Fire Axe 3q, Full Fireman’s Almanac Book Set
- Starting Recipes – Lock Pick
- Starting Bonus Stats –3 Block Treasure Radius; 20% Faster Loot timers
- Starting Bonus Gear- Old Knife 6q; Lock Pick x 20, Full Great Heist Book Set
- Starting Recipes – Herbal Antibiotics, Stone Spear, Iron Spear, Steel Spear
- Starting Bonus Stats – Rifle Specialist 10% Faster Reload, better Aim & Handling w/Rifles; 20%
- Starting Bonus Gear- Old Rifle 6q; 762mm Round x 20
- Starting Recipes – Steel Knuckles, Brass Knuckles, Beer, Mead
- Starting Bonus Stats –10% Less Stamina when Brawling
- Starting Bonus Gear- Brass Knuckles 3q, Full Bar Brawling Book Set
- Starting Recipes – All Wood Doors
- Starting Bonus Stats – The ability to use the Claw Hammer as a weapon; 20% Faster Crafting on the Workbench; Mastered Wood Building Skill
- Starting Bonus Gear- Claw Hammer 3q, Nail x50
- Unique Recipes – Grubs
- Starting Recipes – Weapon Repair Kit, Pipe Machine Gun, AK47, Pipe Bomb, Cooking Pot Mine
- Starting Bonus Stats – Machine Gun Specialization 10% Faster Reloading and 10% better Aim with all Machine Guns. Can not get sick from eating Grubs
- Starting Bonus Gear- Old Rifle 6q; 762mm Round x20
- Starting Recipes – Goldenrod Tea, Red Tea, Mega Crush, Vitamins
- Starting Bonus Stats – 5% Less Stamina from Running; 10% Faster Run Speed; 10% Faster Walk Speed
- Starting Bonus Gear- Bat 3q
- Unique Recipes – Electrical Parts
- Starting Recipes – Generator Bank, Pressure Plate, Battery Bank, Player Powered Lights, Timer Relay, Wire Relay, Motion Sensor, Speaker, Switch, Electric Fencepost, Spotlight, Stun Baton
- Starting Bonus Stats – 20% Faster Electrical Crafting
- Starting Bonus Gear- Screwdriver 3q
- Starting Bonus Stats – The ability to use the Mason Hammer as a weapon; 20% Faster Mason Crafting; Mastered Cobblestone Building Skill
- Starting Bonus Gear- Mason Hammer 3q
- Starting Recipes – All Iron Doors
- Starting Bonus Stats – The ability to use the Wrench as a weapon; 20% Faster Crafting on the Forge; Mastered Iron Building Skill
- Starting Bonus Gear – Wrench 3q
- Unique Recipes – Mechanical Parts
- Starting Recipes – Small Engine, Large Engine, Auger, Chainsaw, All Vehicles
- Starting Bonus Stats – Sledge Specialist 10% More entity damage & more attacks per min w/Sledges; 20% Faster Vehicle Crafting
- Starting Bonus Gear- Impact Driver 300q
- Unique Recipes – Painkillers, Steroids, Stimulants
- Starting Recipes – Plant Salve, Antibiotics, Cast
- Starting Bonus Stats – Treated injuries heal 20% Faster; 20% Faster Medical Crafting
- Starting Bonus Gear- First Aid Kit(5), Stimulant(5), Steroids(5)
- Unique Recipes – Stimulant, Gas Bundle, GunPowder Bundle, Nitroglycerin
- Starting Recipes – Mega Crush, Black Strap Coffee, Purification Tablets, Glue, Oil, Gas, GunPowder
- Starting Bonus Stats – 20% Faster Chemical Crafting
- Starting Bonus Gear – Stimulant x10
- Unique Recipes – Insecticide
- Starting Recipes – All Crop Seed Recipes, Watering Can, Fertilizer, Farm Plot
- Starting Bonus Stats – 20% Faster Seed Crafting, X2 Harvesting crops
- Starting Bonus Stats – The ability to use the Concrete Sledge as a weapon \ 20% Faster Crafting on the Cement Mixer \ Mastered Concrete Building Skill
- Starting Bonus Gear – Concrete Sledge 3q
(Only purchasable at start of the game)
Can track Deer and Pigs when crouched if they are near. Shotgun Specialization -10% Faster Reloading and 10% better Aim with all shotguns.
Starting Recipes – All Crop Seed Recipes, Corn Bread, Meat Stew, Bacon and Eggs, Vegetable Stew, Carrot Cake, Bread, Kabob, Chili Dog
All Vehicles top speeds increased 10%
Starting Recipes – All Crop Seed Recipes Denim Pants, Overalls, Skirt, Tank Top, T Shirt, Denim Shorts, Leather Duster, Puffer Coat, Storage Pocket
Starting Recipes – All Building Block Shapes
Starting Bonus Stats – 10% Faster Stamina Regan / 10% more Max Stamina
Starting Recipes – All Crop Seed Recipes Battery Bank, Speaker, Electric Fencepost, Spotlight, Ceiling Light
Starting Bonus Stats – Tending wounds heal 10% faster
Starting Bonus Stats – 10% Blunt Damage / 10% Faster
Starting Recipes – All Crop Seed Recipes Bicycle, Small Engine, Minibike, Motorcycle
- Starting Recipes – All Crop Seed Recipes Insecticide, Potato Seed, Corn Seed, Goldenrod Seed, Chrysanthemum Seed, Pumpkin Seed, Egg Plant Seed, Carrot Seed
- Starting Bonus Stats – +1 to Harvested Crops
Starting Bonus Stats – Bow Specialization 10% Faster Reloading and 10% better Aim, 10% Farther Range, 10% Faster Drawing with all Bows
(Only purchasable at start of the game, do not stack)
Trait Effect = When Indoors you receive 10% Less Stamina to Melee / 10% Faster reloading / 10% Better Weapon Handling. When out doors it is reversed
Trait Effect = When Outdoors you receive 10% Less Stamina to Melee / 10% Faster reloading / 10% Better Weapon Handling. When indoors it is reversed
Trait Effect = When Encumbered -10% More effect / -5% Less Stamina on Melee / +10% Faster Metabolism
Trait Effect = When Encumbered +10% More effect / +5% More Stamina on Melee / -10% Slower Metabolism
Trait Effect = 10 Degrees Colder / 10% Slower Metabolism
Trait Effect = 10 Degrees Hotter/ 10% Faster Metabolism
Trait Effect = 10% more chance of Illness / 10% Quicker to Heal
Trait Effect = 10% Less chance of Illness / 10% Longer to Heal
Trait Effect = 20% Faster HP Recovery when Sleeping / 20% Slower Fatigue Recovery when Resting or Sleeping
Trait Effect = 20% Slower HP Recovery when Sleeping / 20% Faster Fatigue Recovery when Resting or Sleeping
Trait Effect = When Daytime you receive 10% Less Stamina to Melee / 10% Faster reloading / 10% Better Weapon Handling. When Nighttime it is reversed
Trait Effect = When Nighttime you receive 10% Less Stamina to Melee / 10% Faster reloading / 10% Better Weapon Handling. When Daytime it is reversed
Trait Effect = 10% Faster / 10% More Noise
Trait Effect = 10% Slower / 10% Less Noise
- All Seed Recipes found in loot
- Seeds are made on a Drying Rack(workstation)
- Player planted crops can be destroyed by non player entities touching them.
- Player planted crops can be planted on any dirt type soil or crafted Farm Plots.
- All Rotten and Moldy old food items can be scraped into “Biomass” and used in crafting Fertilizer and other recipes
- Player planted crop Seeds can be fertilized with the Watering Can and 1 Fertilizer. Once fertilized the crop will grow ⅓ faster and produce double the produce.
- Player planted crops have a chance to dry out and need watering with the Watering Can and 3oz. of Dirty Water
- Player planted crops have a chance to get infested with insects and need Insecticide applied with the Watering Can and 1oz. of Insecticide
- List of cultivatable plants
- Fruit Crops – Yucca, Blueberry, Pumpkin, Orange
- Vegetable Crops – Corn, Potato, Carrot, Eggplant
- Grain Crops – Corn, Wheat
- Protein Crops – Mushrooms, Beans
- Other – Aloe, Chrysanthemum, Cotton, Goldenrod, Coffee, Hops
Zombies and Predators
- Zombies require head shots to take damage from players, traps are un effected
- Zombies move faster in darker areas
- Zombie Types
- Normal (standard zombies, speeds vary)
- Spitters (Spit different types of acid and explode when near death)
- Brutes (have a speed burst and do a lot of block damage)
- Tanks (have a lot of health and a high chance to grab)
- Screamers (summon zombie hordes)
- Boomers (explode when near death)
- Suicide Boomers (charge and explode on agro)
- Burning (move fast, catch player on fire, dismember easy, leave fire trap on death)
- Ferals (fast, high health)
- Crawling Ferals (move on all fours fast, high health and can jump)
- Infected Animals (have no fear and attack on sight)
- Cop Zombies “Acid Puke” now leaves burning acid on you and can be removed with water.
- Fat Zombies puke leaves a smell on you for a short time that attracts other Zombies and can be removed with water.
- Fat Zombies explode when near death causing less player damage vs cop explosions, but greater block damage within a larger area and can puke on the player when close.
- Snakes are now venomous and drop venom sacks which are used to make Anti-venom.
- Custom Wandering hordes with unique infected animal groups
Zombie Bites and the Zombie Virus
- The only way to catch the Z-Virus(Vanilla Infection) is to be bitten by an Infected.
- The only way for a Infected to bite you is for them to first Grab you.
- Stun is changed to a Grab (same buff just renamed and given a new Icon for immersion).
- Your chance to be Grabbed by an Infected is based on your current Health, Stamina, Fatigue and Diet level.
- Once Grabbed you can delay an Infected from biting you by 1 seconds with any melee hit to their head.
- If bitten by an Infected you will catch the Z-Virus and receive a Bite Wound.
- If the Z-Virus infection reaches 100% your character will die(Dead Dead!) and you will not be able to re spawn and must start a new character
- Once you receive a Bite you will also get a Bleed that can be treated as normal. To remove the Bite you must cook a Metal/Steel Pipe in the Campfire and with it Cauterize the Bite. After you Cauterize the Bite you will have a Cauterized Bite Wound that you will need to treat with a Plant Salve. After applying Plant Salve you will need to treat the bite with a Bandage. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplying. Do all this successfully and you will heal your Bite Wound, fail to do any of these steps and you will receive a wound.
- Tons of added recipes from new foods, weapons, clothes and so on
- Existing recipes adjusted in materials and/or quantity of materials needed
- Removed Jar Recipe. Only found in loot
- All foods that use jars now return them
- Smelters use molds again
- Workstations can accepted many tools
- Bullet crafting requires a Bullet Press
- Gun Crafting requires Gun Tools
- Dead is Dead – There is no bottom to wellness.The player loses 10 wellness every time they die and when they run out of wellness they can not spawn back into the game alive with that character.
- All clothes found in loot are low quality but can be collected to learn how to craft them
- Leather must be cured by cooking it in a pot with Brain Matter and Coal Lumps.
- Cured Leather can then be dried on a Drying Rack.
- Separate Repair Kits for Weapons (Weapon Repair Kit) and Machines (Scavenged Parts)
- Small Engines for Bikes are made of parts
- Tires can be scrapped for Scrap Rubber
- Scrap Rubber can be melted in a campfire to produce Melted Rubber for crafting.
- When Torches are placed they require fuel to burn and give off heat
- Added Planks, Sticks, Large Logs, Small Logs, Branches
- Added special meats from animals Bear Flank, Pork Belly, Venison Tenderloin
- Bullet crafting requires a Bullet Press
- Added advanced resources for harvesting from many world Blocks (i.e.: Stoves, Desk, Fridge, Beds, Chairs and many more)
- Added many new scraping abilities
- Clean water can be used to splash water on your head to cool you off for a short time
- Added over 100 “Junk Items” to spice up looting. Junk items are everyday items found in loot that can be scraped for raw materials or used in crafting.
- Bladed Weapons are no longer repaired but re sharpened with Sharpening Stones that can be looted or made in the forge.
- Bladed Weapons have increased dismemberment chance but dull quicker.
- Removed ability for stone axe to repair and upgrade.
- Stone tools do little damage against Metal
- Iron tools do little damage against Steel
- Removed Harvesting Tools quality levels
- Added Screwdriver – Good for dismantling and harvesting Electronics
- Added Mason Hammer – Good for dismantling Flagstone and Bricks Blocks, harvests Bricks and Cobblestone
- Added Concrete Sledge -Good for dismantling Concrete Blocks, harvests Concrete Mix and Rebar
- Added Welding Torch – Good for dismantling Steel Blocks, harvests Steel Sheet Metal
- Added Crowbar – Used for picking up world blocks the player can not craft.
- Removed the ability for Buckets to pick up and place water
All workstations can now use anything in the tool slots. Increased Ingredient list to 6. Increased Crafting Ques to 5.
- Mortar & Pestle – For grinding chemicals and medical items. Can also be used as a tool.
- Stone Mill – For grinding objects into powder.
- Anvil – For beating metal into shape. Can also be used as a tool.
- Torches – Need fuel for light and heat
- Campfire – For cooking and basic chemistry
- Research Desk – For reverse engineering unknown crafting schematics
- Armor Table – For crafting clothes and armor.
- Dry Rack – For drying Skins, Firewood and creating Seeds from crops.
- Workbench for crafting – For crafting objects
- Chemistry Workbench – For crafting advanced medicines and chemicals
- Fermentation Barre – For making Mead and Beer
- Cement Mixer – For crafting stone building materials
- Methane Producer – For producing Methane Bombs
- Steel Forge – For smelting Steel, Bulletproof Glass and Plastics
Workstation Tools List
- Anvil – Claw Hammer
- Campfire – Stick, Cooking Grill, Cooking Pot, Frying Pan, Blender
- Armor Table – Sewing Needle, Anvil, Leather Needle, Wrench, Welder, Small Loom
- Workbench for crafting – Claw Hammer, Anvil, Bullet Press, Mortar & Pestle, Screwdriver, Welder, Wrench, Gun Tools, Tool & Die Set, Saw
- Chemistry Workbench – Beaker, Lab Equipment, Still, Mortar & Pestle
- Steel Forge – For smelting Steel, Bulletproof Glass and Plastics
- Added new Limp debuffs. When a player reaches 10% health they will limp. Heal up above 10% health to heal the Limp
- Added new Fast Travel buff when you are traveling on a paved road. When on a paved road you will travel 20% faster. This Does apply to animals and zombies.
- Smoking reduces hunger but has a slight stamina drain and lowers wellness slightly.
Wound Buff System
Anything that can attack you has a chance to hurt you. Get hurt too much and you will be wounded. To heal the wound you will have to treat it and maintain it until it heals. This wound system has 5 stages.
- The first is Bruised and needs no tending to or maintaining it will heal on its own as long as you are not hurt more.
- The Second is a Small Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Small Wound you will also get a Pain Buff that can be cured with a Pain Killer. To Heal the Small Wound you need to use a Bandage on it. After some time the bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your small wound will heal into Bruised. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to a Wound.
- The Third is a Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Wound you will also get a Sprained Leg Buff that can be cured with a Splint. To Heal the Wound you need to use a First Aid Bandage on it. After some time the First Aid Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Wound will heal into Small Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to a Sever Wound.
- The Forth is a Severe Wound. When you receive enough damage to get a Sever Wound you will also get a Gash Buff that can be cured with a Suter Kit. To Heal the Sever Wound you need to use a Sanitized Bandage on it. After some time the Sanitized Bandage will get dirty and need reapplied. Do all of this successfully and your Sever Wound will heal into a Wound. Fail to keep the wound clean or receive to much more damage from attackers and it will progress to an Infected Wound.
- The Last stage is an
When the player starts and learns their profession their Nutrition stat is set to the highest level “Healthy Diet”. There are 3 good stages to Nutrition.
- At “Good Diet” you will start to gain wellness and health effects from foods.
- At “Balanced Diet” you will begin to heal faster from injuries like broken or sprained leg, dysentery and other injuries.
- At “Healthy Diet” when you are full you will receive a slow heal over time. It takes 7 game days for the full Nutrition buff to fade completely.
The longer it has been since you had “Good Diet” the more your Malnourished Stat will start to stack up. Once all good Nutrition buffs fall off you will no longer receive wellness or health from food or drink. There are 3 stages to Malnourished.
- At “Bad Diet” you will get hungry faster and lose stamina.
- At “Vitamin Deficiency” you will take longer to heal from injuries; get hungry faster; lose stamina and move slower.
- At “Malnourished” you will take longer to heal from injuries; get hungry faster; lose stamina; move slower and slowly start to lose wellness.
Completely New Skill and XP System
- All quality items have their own crafting skill and crafting a quality item only gives XP toward its own crafting skill. So crafting Stoneaxes only gives XP for improving Stoneaxes.
- Many added Perks
Mod is available in SP/Coop and Server play. It is not finished and is still in active development and open to suggestions, feedback and bug reports. At this time no assets may be used for redistribution.
- Test Server
- IP – 18.104.22.168
- Port. – 28716
- PW – In DL ReadME
A20.5 Build 1.08
- Added special harvesting to electrical items using Screwdriver
- Fixed the first stage of fertilized crops to not use up Fertilizer
- Fixed Crop Seed description
- Changed Burnt Zombies gore to fire trap
- Changed upper body sprains and breaks to hurt when using tools also
- Decreased shovels damage against wood
- Fixed added improvised melee weapons crafting categories
- Fixed reported speling errors :]
- Fixed bug in Mason Profession
- Removed Nitroglycerin from traders
- Removed canned food from vending machines
- Updated TS Logo
A20.5 Build 1.07
- Turned Trader POI protection off. You will have to keep them safe
- Changed Traders not to close
- Changed the Nutrition system so that each Diet stage last longer
- Fixed Gash and Burn Bandaged Injuries lasting through Dead is Dead reset
- Changed Gore to set mobility to 25% when walked on instead of -40%. Removing the possibility of getting stuck on them when slowed by many injuries
- Removed duplicate seeds found in Farming Bundles
- Removed Skill Point Journal Entry
- Moved Methane Producer Schematic to T1 Schematic loot group to make it easier to get
- Added recipe for Splash of Water using Dirty Water
- Removed can foods from Vending Machines
- Added junk food to Vending Machines
- Updated TS logo
A20.5 Build 1.06
- Update Breaks Saves – Requires New Game
- Fixed Chilies growth stages
- Fixed vanilla crops growing stage using up fertilizer
- Fixed Twin Bed pickup with crowbar
- Fixed Destroyed Solar Banks to allow Solar Cells to have a chance to be harvested using a Screwdriver
- Added crafting icons for all added workstations
- Fixed Painkillers, Steroids, Stimulants to break down to Drugs in the Kitchen workstation
- Fixed Motherload to level to 5 properly
- Fixed Burn injuries to show proper stats in description
- Fixed weapon parts descriptions
- Fixed weapons to have proper repair item listed in description
- Fixed Double Barrel Shotgun Parts name
- Fixed reported spelling errors
- Added note to Sticks to let the player know(if they bother to read)that sticks cannot be used as weapons
- Added Solar Cell recipe to Electrician Workbenches
- Added Solar Cell recipe to the Electrician Profession as a unique recipe
- Fixed the reward amount offered by Traders
- Think he fixed Traders not offering quest
- Added recipe to turn Empty Cans into Scrap Metal
- Added recipe to turn Rosemary into Plant Fibers
- Added recipe to get Honeycomb from Serving of Honey
- Fixed 3 and 4 Course Meals recipes
- Fixed tools recipes all being on lv1 Advanced Workstation
- Sorted all the POI’s in the POI Compo Pack. Keeping all POI’s that that are in line with the challenge level and immersion of the True Survival Mod
- Updated TS Logo
Also available on the mod launcher!
If you appreciate Spider’s work and you want to show support, use this donate link.
If you need help, you can use this support link.