I though its nonsense to get wood directly from trees. And as theres already woodLogs in game, why not drop them instead?
As I looked through code, I also findout theres hidden workstation: tableSaw, so I fixed it to work.
Recipe for tableSaw is original, I just restored it and added schematic etc.
What This Mod Does
- tableSaw workstation works, incl progression and schematic in loot
- Trees drop woodLogs instead of woodResource
- woodLogs, driftWood and Firewood pickupable
- Tweaked direct drops from blocks above (cutting)
- Blocks above can be saw in tableSaw
- Removed Log recipe (just cut some tree)
- Bushes drop Branches instad of wood
- Branches dropped also from trees
- LogSpike recipe + upgradeable
- Client with icons, server with colored cone
- WoodCube recipe
- WindowPlate recipe
- You can pickup all spikes and barbed fence
- Added CharCoal
- Dropped by burned trees
- Added Tree Sap
- Often dropped by any tree (semi-random)
- Some recipes as substitute for Animal Fat
- Added Burning Log Spikes and recipes
- Mines can be picked up
- Removed recipe for burning log spike, instad its upgrade from Steel one, other types are downgrade from steel burning log spike
- Branches as substitutes in primitive tools/weapons recipes and arrows. -NEW
- Its server-only friendly as it doesn’t have any assets
- Client version works only for clients, not on server
- Created for A20
- Works in existing worlds, just existing tableSaws wont work (example in POI), need to place new one
Just extract into Mods folder (create one if theres none)
- v1.2.3: Added recipes for primitive tools/weapons with new item (Bundled branches) as substitute for handle, added recipes for arrows from branches.
- v1.2.2: Removed direct recipe for burning log spike, instead you need to upgrade from steel using Tree Sap.
- v1.2.1: Quickfix of log spike.
- v1.2.0: Some cleanup; added burning LogSpikes; added Tree Sap and recipes; added Charcoal and recipes; fixed sorting in tableSaw; branches from trees.
Download Client-side version (with icon)
Download Server-side version (without icon)
The forum topic of the mod is here.
6 thoughts on ““Forestry” Logs From Trees and Working tableSaw”
okay but how do you get through the tutorial in the beginning if you can’t craft a stone axe?
You know there are bushes which gives you wood (as per default) so I can only think of it has been changed to drop branches which you use to craft arrows or it didn’t changed and you can still get wood planks from the bush.
P.S. The bush I’m talking about is brown, has no leafs and its growing on the ground you shouldn’t have any problems with finding it plus the new help icons which show you in the tutorial beginner quest what to harvest.
you can cut those logs again when you put them on ground.
ad. but ill add recipes from branches (arrows and some stone tools, probably also axe)
And how to get charcoal?