This modlet makes it so flashlights/lanterns are a lot harder to obtain. Removes flashlights and flashlight related mods in loot and traders. Parts to create flashlights are found in loot/traders but should not be common.
Adds new items (recolors of existing items) that can be found or bought from trader:
- Flashlight Case: An empty flashlight case. Can still melee with it.
- Small Bulb: Small Halogen bulb, used for crafting flashlights.
- NevRDie Cell: Small C Cell for flashlights and lanterns.
Modifies these recipes, to require different ingredients:
- The melee flashlight
- The placeable lantern
Adds new recipes:
- Can make a car battery out of many NevRDie Cells.
- Can scrap a working flashlight for NevRDie Cells.
- Why? Because flashlights/place-able lantern are too OP/bright and he like a darker game. If brightness could be adjusted he would have made them easier to craft, but hard to craft a quality, bright one. This will force you to use torches (heat sources) and/or have a harder time looting (for awhile) vs turning on your headlight all day/night.
- The new parts are not common in loot, so it should take a little while to get all the parts and craft, and by that time you should relish the fact you have anything related to a flashlight mod in your helmet/gun. This also means those who loot a lot will be rewarded sooner.
- Small loot re-balance.
- Conversion to a20.
Download for A20
Download for A19
The forum topic of the mod is here.
2 thoughts on “Nerf Flashlights and Player Crafted Lanterns”
Can i install on existing savegame?
Sorry for the delay. I don’t get notifications from this forum, only the official game forums on my modding page.
I think you could add it to an existing a19 game. If you already had flashlights then those will still exist if the mod was added later.