Have a bad case of wanderlust or don’t want to carry a map with you? Or just want to make things more challenging?
This mod obscures the player world map and disallows interaction with it.
You also cannot see your location coordinates or map header items.
- You can no longer see the biomes, POI’s, roads, etc. Its all blocked
- You can no longer set/share waypoints since the map is not interactive.
- You can no longer see the stats that were inside the map (elevation, temp, wind, day/time), however the temperature is accessible via the player stats menu, and the day/time is in the main game UI so all you lose is elevation and wind.
- You can still see your location coordinates on the map screen
- You can likely (not tested) see other allies on the map
You essentially have to rely on the compass for bedroll location (if you have one) and quests/airdrops/backpack locations as they show up as exclamation points on the compass. In addition, you should see the “distance” to an active quest marker in the main game UI and “Feels Like” temperature in the player stats area.
- (new) Updated for A21.
- Conversion for a20.
- Fixed for A19+
The forum topic of the mod is here.