The Wild West Mod rolls back time to around the Mid 19th Century ‘Wild West America’ (+/- 20 years). It attempts to remove features which are not time appropriate and introduce additional features to expand and complement the overall experience. A few examples include:
- Only the ‘Old West’ type tiling system will appear when using the RWG, with age appropriate POIs.
- Asphalt has been replaced with gravel throughout the whole world.
- Car assets have been overwritten with wagons. This continues to allow wrenching.
- Some items have been renamed such as electrics to connectors and given an appropriate icon.
- Weapons have been rolled back with customization, and a return of the Hunting Rifle from earlier 7D2D builds.
- Age appropriate food items.
- Custom lighting, traps, vending machines, and other features.
- Hooked up for Telrics Horses, and an Oakraven Steam Horse.
The Mod Pack is bundled with both a Guide, with a more detailed overview, and a Custom World called ‘New Frontier’ that began as a totally flat RWG, just to add in the Old West tiling system. It was then built up with valleys, mountain ranges, an extinct looking volcanic crater, a populated river, and all the POIs the Wild West could ever want.
Here are a few images to show some of the highlights.
A multitude of custom POIs to Quest
Transportation (shared by Oakraven)
Tomahawks (and A19 sustainable farming)
There are a lot more surprises to be found inside and that’s enough spoilers for now.
Individual assets and know-how are provided by (From Z – A):
- Zipcore – MapToolz to assist with custom world creation.
- Zeebark – Multiple custom POI submissions.
- Telric – Kind permission to update Telrics Horses to A20 and add a patch to match the Wild West Mod features.
- Tallman Brad – Created and administered a hub for the concept to come alive, game direction planning, developing xml, POI, and the New Frontier Custom World.
- Syco54645 – A19 Farming For A20. Brings back seedlings upon harvesting to replace the A20 system of non sustainable negative returns.
- Stallionsden – Assisted with community relations, technical advice on a number of topics, and submitted a Ranch POI.
- sphereii – SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain to remove Asphalt in RWG Worlds.
- Oakraven – Wild West Lighting, replacement blocks, balloons, weapons, storage, and an absolute abundance more in all capacities. Always goes far and beyond to assist overhaul type Mods.
- MPLogue – Custom POI submissions, game direction planning, and additional custom block integration.
- Mistress Medusa – Custom POI submissions, game direction planning, assessment and evaluation, quality control support, and general consultation at every stage.
- Magejosh – Kindly did the NMM mod groundwork template support with environmental features that crossed over to the Wild West Mod.
- LazMan – Eliminate the Horde Mod with Wild West updates.
- KhaineGB – Kind use of lockable and expanded inventory mod.
- JaxTeller718 – Expanded Wandering Hordes.
- Haidr’Gna – Invisible Dye mod to assist with hiding inappropriate armor.
- Guppycur – Provided a hub for development and sharing, the Guppy Vulture, as well as technical know-how where appropriate.
- Darkstardragon – Template support with expansion features, and quality control consultation.
- closer_ex – Random Main Menu Background.
- Chaz916Gaming – Old West POI pack.
- bdubyah – Template code advice and support.
- arramus – Assisted with xml compilation, mod integration, and general support for returning close to the mid 19th Century.
And anyone else who has chipped in with advice and support.
Here are some of the highlights of recent updates.
1. The balloons have been given dirigible features thanks to Oakraven. This provides a context to their propulsion.
2. A new ‘Chuckwagon Dinner Bell Challenge’ was added to the gun belt on player load out (found in creative menu for existing Worlds/Saves) and an accompanying small Quest. Placing the Bell with Catfish smeared around it will attract Scouts and in turn her friends.
3. Multiple small patches here and there for clearer wording, POI fixes, and icon updates.
Download Stable Build (Stable and will only change periodically for updates or critical fixes)
Download Development Build (Development build and will change more often for testing purposes)
If you need help, you can use this support link.
Credits: Arramus and community
5 thoughts on “Wild West Mod – 7 Days in the Wild West”
Amazing mod and beautiful, well done!!!
great mods BUT wasteland and rebirth having a hard time installing
PLZ can someone help me
Great great Mod – we have a lot of Fun, BIG Thanx
how to get saddle for horse?