The White River settlements are looking for new citizens to contribute and are willing to give extra tools and equipment that they’ve collected. They are offering to provide to a select few survivors access to higher quality tools, weapons, armor, and equipment in exchange for volunteering to complete various tasks for the settlement. There is a limited supply and these items are only available to those who gain citizenry with White River settlements. In addition to the reward, the player is sometimes also offered a small stack of wet concrete blocks, from the last of the Trader’s community inventory to assist in re-establishing a homestead.
This modlet collection extends the new player White River citizenship quest line to provide a handful of quests to obtain improved tools, weapons, and armor. Each item has a small back-story and explanation in an attempt to blend with the vanilla game and Trader. This gives new players a chance to obtain better equipment through a method other than randomness or traditional progression. The rewards this Modlet pack provides were carefully considered against Vanilla gameplay. In most cases, the named items only provide a small improvement over the items they were created from. Due to the multi-tier design of this modlet collection, it provides equipment for beginners all the way up through the elite.
This modlet pack is XML XPath ONLY and only needs to be installed on the server! Players do not need to install this modlet pack locally.
The modlet collection provides multi-tier quest lines, first requiring the player to craft a +Declaration of Citizenship. This allows them to begin a quest to volunteer to help lay to rest 10 old residents now turned zombie. This earns the player a +White River Citizenship Card which they can then use to select which quest they would like to pursue. The player’s citizenship card is returned to them after they complete the settlement’s quest. If it is lost for any reason, the player can craft a new +Declaration of Citizenship to start the process over of becoming a White River citizen. The +White River Citizenship Card can also be used to pursue two higher-level citizenship cards through killing of 100 Zombies or 1000 Zombies, respectively. These higher tiers of citizenship allows for the pursuit of Veteran and Elite level equipment.
Citizenship is offered in three-tiers:
- Tier 1: Kill 10 Zombies. This is the Basic level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Citizenship Card
- Tier 2: Kill 100 Zombies. This is the Veteran level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Veteran Citizenship Card
- Tier 3: Kill 1000 Zombies. This is the Elite level of citizenship. Reward: +White River Elite Citizenship Card
Once the player obtains their citizenship card, they can use this to craft quest-starter items for the equipment quests below. Some of the quests below offer a veteran version which rewards a sealed crate containing better quality, more items, and greater quantity of each multi-quantity item. Some offer an even higher level set of rewards for elite citizens. However, after a “Veteran” or “Elite” quest is complete, only a basic citizenship card is returned. The player must successfully complete the Tier 2 or 3 citizenship quest again in order to pursue another Veteran/Elite equipment quest.
- Bambi’s Killer Compound Bow & Crossbow – Earn the famed deer killer, “Bambi’s Killer Compound Bow” or “Bambi’s Killer Compound Crossbow” with slightly better stats than Vanilla.
- Black Bart’s Flaming Dig Tools – Uncover the long-buried stash from the most famous stagecoach robber in the western U.S., providing a steel Pickaxe & Shovel with flaming mods and better stats than Vanilla. Stamina trait sure to keep you digging and digging and digging.
- Bunyan’s FireAxe – Help the Trader stock up on potable water in exchange for a Paul Bunyan-branded FireAxe.
- Deschain’s Revolver – Collect the eight Dark Tower series books and craft nineteen doors to have one of Roland Deschain’s legendary revolvers bestowed upon you. Has custom bullets that are expensive to craft, but super powerful.
- Dundee’s Hunting Knife – Help the Trader collect bone shivs in exchange for Dundee’s famous Hunting Knife with slightly better stats than Vanilla.
- Everdeen’s Arrows & Bolts – The settlement is trying to put together a feast. Help feed everyone in exchange for named arrows or bolts guaranteed to fly true.
- Gupta’s Bandages – Can’t craft first aid bandages? Trade Aloe Leaves & Cotton for a few First Aid Bandages.
- Jason’s Machete – Obtain a replica of Jason’s famous machete in exchange for helping the settlement. Big thanks to Wyldwitchykat for this addition!
- Kuva’s Red Armor – Discover the secret ingredient in Kuva’s Legendary Red Armor. This armor is rumored to be lightweight and stealthy, with resistances to heat & cold, and an extra mod slot per piece. The basic quest is EASY, but the Veteran quest is HARD.
- Leon’s Modded SMG – Help Leon finish his DIY gun project, resulting in a 9mm SMG weapon with slightly better stats than Vanilla.
- Pavlichenko’s Rifle – Locate and assemble a branded Marksman rifle from the famed marksman, Pavlichenko.
- Taza’s Axe – The famed Taza’s Axe, already awesome.
Nearly all quests are designed to be repeatable in case of loss of equipment or to try your luck at a higher quality reward. Black Bart’s dig tools are unique and the quest is designed NOT to be repeatable!
- Wyldwitchyka: For the addition of the Jason’s machete quest modlet
- Morggin: For the name and lore behind Black Bart, for the Bambi Terminator Crossbow, and for the idea of an Elite level set of quests
- RichardPaul: For the poem used in the Black Bart quest line.
- Aeyvi-Daro: For quest text and testing assistance on all quests.
ShoudenKalferas has swapped Ivanka for Black Bart, with some poetic storyline. He has also added an Elite Citizenship card but did not apply it to all quests as it didn’t make sense. He also added a new quest for Pavlichenko’s rifle. He has got some other ideas planned for other quests to add.
He also hear they added the ability for the Localizations.txt to be automatically downloaded from the server. He has yet to test this, but if it works, would open the door for translation support. He will test this soon and if it works, will begin the long work to update this modlet collection to this methodology. It would be rather complex to make this switch, but in the long run would allow more people to enjoy the modlet collection.
He’s still in the process of testing this A19_1.0 version on his server, but wanted to get this published for those other people who are interested in helping test. If you are interested in playing on a server with this already installed, please search for the server:
Server Name (Partial): SANITYS EDGE
Connection IP: 22.214.171.124:26900
The forum topic of the mod is here.