Random World Generation for 7 Days to Die. Generate beautiful and unique worlds for 7 Days to Die. Customize your worlds! Faster than vanilla!
- Download KingGen.
- Run it.
- Choose your preferences and click “Generate world”.
- KingGen will create a folder containing the world. You have to copy it into 7 Days to Die’s worlds folder, usually: “%appdata%Roaming7 Days to DieGeneratedWorlds”
- The generated worlds are beautiful, with natural landscapes and large cities.
- The generation is faster than vanilla, even on old machines.
- Biomes are randomly placed, no repetitiveness.
- Deserts and snow never touch.
- KingGen is purely noise based, no stamps are used. This means that no two lakes look the same, nor two mountains.
- Custom POIs are supported.
- Custom heightmaps are supported.
- Custom biome maps are supported.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
19 thoughts on “KingGen”
Pretty cool. GG.
If I can suggest something, adding a smoothing setting would be interesting.
Disregard my comment. I had not seen but there is already a similar setting.
And…..it works with Ravenhearst
You only have to scan your Prefab Folder and generate a new List. Than you can generate a Map for Ravenhearst and you also have the Tier 5 POI’s with radiation. I test it with 16k ….it works
When we generated, it only generated snow biomes.
Do you get other biomes?
Is there any discernable difference between this and Nitrogen?
I can’t find the link to the support links/discord.
We were only able to generate snow biomes in spite of setting up others.
Yes, KingGen is faster and uses less RAM. Also KingGen is noise-based, which means that everything is always different and new. Nitrogen is stamp-based, which means that it uses the same mountains, cliffs and rivers multiple times (just rotated and scaled).
Hey perfect ! TYVM man … BUT I miss MAP BORDER BIOME button …. 🙂 can add it ?
can u add a map border biome button or very flat map or add instead vanilla prefablist_CompoPack_47 ? thank you.
CompoPack is supported! Just download the newest version of CompoPack for KingGen and use the prefabs list thei provide
Wow thank you, it looks great, congrats!
Cool, with this tool I can make a maps that are 1 big city and in a burn forest or wasteland only biome! Scary!
How do I add my own custom prefabs that I’ve made. Not the combo pack so how do I create the file thats needed in custom prefab part?
Simply fabulous, the best tool to generate random worlds, congratulations developer, you are a genius
Having a time generating worlds with the update.
Lots of numbers show then the line says Exception: Cannot find default hubs
Any idea when this might get update to A20 by chance
The dev doesn’t seem to be active atm…so no hopes currently for a20 build.
so that means that there is no map mod being worked on at the moment which is kinda sad
where can i find the latest compopack for kinggen? i have visited the magolis site but there is only a compopacl complete which does not have a list for kinggen to import.