Preppocalypse is an expansion for 7 Days to Die, from the perspective of a Prepper. In the context of 7 Days to Die, a Prepper is a survivor who prepared in advance for adverse situations and made it through the initial ‘event’ stage and aftermath. Preppocalypse places the player in the subsequent afterwards.
Due to vigilance from before the initial ‘event’, a Prepper already has some features in place. These include increased inventory capacity, enhanced skill potential and choice, and access to other benefits considered helpful for survival.
Preppocalypse recognizes a Prepper has an increased chance to thrive. As a tradeoff, in addition to the grunt, feral, and radiated hostile classes, there are ‘others’ out there to provide a more challenging and hostile environment. They will mostly be seen as game stage progresses, but be prepared for some surprises during Horde Night or in the biomes.
This expansion builds on the post-apocalyptic theme of 7 Days to Die through an additive approach. As such, the majority of features will be very familiar. Additions are intuitive, enhancing, immersive, in context, supportive, and appropriately more threatening. While there will be periods of extremes, considered choices can restore balance.
Players can expect the following:
- Upgraded default zombies in the biomes, hordes, and Game Stage linked POIs
- A greater abundance of Prepper style quest POIs (custom and TFP conversions) for A21
- Additional recipes that accommodate Prepper/Survivalist/Bushcrafter traits
- Upgraded and custom items to facilitate survival against stronger hostiles
- Custom questing opportunities
as well as other game play features that are in context with a Prepper’s experience of the afterwards.
This image shows the Quest Note icons that can be found in safes, except for the Zombie Teddy Bear which is an Animal Hunting Quest that appears in the players toolbelt when first joining a World. Track down these special Zombies to earn a completion reward. Preppers are required to eliminate them with specific weapons. In most cases it is with exactly the same weapon they are using. The Soldier carries an Assault Rifle and must be eliminated with an Assault Rifle to rack up kills for the Quest. In the case of the Gliding Spiders and the Nurse, the weapon shows in the icon or Quest requirements. You will be rewarded with 1 Skill for 25 eliminations using the appropriate weapon. More Quests can be found in secure loot.
This image shows Machete Party Girl. She will appear in POIs as a Prepper’s Game Stage increases. She will also appear in the Biomes (with a low chance unless you visit the Wasteland) and Horde Nights. She is tougher than a Radiated Party Girl.
Some interactions will be reasonable while others can get tough, especially if a few ranged zombies appear at the same time.
As a Prepper, the Strengths attribute provides a ‘Prepper Strength’ Skill for XP, an extra Skill Rank 4 for Cardio, and a few other tweaks here and there. Having access to 3 Robotic devices at Skill 5 is one of those tweaks.
Here is a nice introductory series of play through streams from BunnyNZ. It’s not just decent to introduce Preppocalypse, but the A21 update as well.
And from Hirnsturz with narrative in mostly German, although his English is clearly very strong as well as he translates for his viewers.
arramus takes guardianship of the concept, compilation, and distribution of Preppocalypse.
However, the following community additions and know-how equally add value to the experience.
From Z – A:
- TFP – Providing the 7 Days base game, as well as the means for the modding community to expand.
- Tallman Brad Gaming – The Tallman Brad Gaming Community are known for the Wild West Mod. Influence comes in many forms, and Tallman Brad, Medusa, and other community members will see they have left their mark in one way or another.
- Syco54645 – A19 Farming. Brings back seedlings upon harvesting for sustainability and positive returns.
- Oakraven – Quality of Life additions such as Bee Hives, Chicken Coops, and the Rock Drill. Oakraven always goes far and beyond to assist mods and overhauls, and it has been a positive partnership on many levels.
- KhaineGB – Kind use of lockable and expanded inventory mods, including extra forge slots.
- JaxTeller718 – Expanded Wandering Hordes Mod with a little further tweaking here and there.
- Haidr’Gna – Invisible Dye mod to assist with hiding armor or clothing.
- Guppycur et al – Provides a hub for development and sharing. Too many individuals to mention.
- Gazz – Provided the Gazz-MutedAuger for the community to do with as they wish.
- Darkstardragon – Comprehensive one on one support.
- Briston Gaming – Showcasing everything 7 Days to the community. (His YouTube Channel)
- bdubyah – Template code advice and support.
Here is a small update for Preppocalypse.
1. Corrugated Walls and Wood Ramps
The bandit camp corrugated walls (1000 HP) and wood ramps (default 250 HP but increased to 750 HP) have been added to Workbench recipes.
2. Mod Limits
Custom Swiss rifle and Pots/Pans allow 5 mods at Tier 6.
3. Crafting Time
Crafting time on some of the high volume items such as walls and fences has been reduced. This is to ensure bulk crafting at the beginning will still take some time, but a quick replacement will be fast.
A few images to demonstrate the new recipe items.
Placing a bandit wall using a helper.
A wide selection of choices with diagonal options also present. Since these offer 1000 HP they are generally decorative and will benefit from reinforced blocks behind them.
A wide variety of ramps and supports are also available with a helper block.
Better HP than upgraded wooden blocks and increased from 250 HP for default. Functional but certainly not defensive.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: arramus and community