This modlet adds mods food items and recipes. Purposefully no new icons/models so its server side safe.
Note: This mod is intended to be the initial “Food Expansion Pack” to “Doughs-You’ve Got Mail“, and both can be installed together or separately. Additional “story” for this will come at some other time. Eventually they may both be merged together.
Some items can be found in containers, or bought at traders. Item semi-rarity is hopefully a norm as you are supposed to be cooking and preparing, not buying and finding!
It “currently” includes:
- New perk: Sous Chef of the Apocalypse. Works similar to vanilla perk Master Chef but with its own special foods
- 4 New Cookbooks to unlock certain foods/ingredients
- 20 New Schematics to unlock certain foods/ingredients
- 55+ Food/drink items (either found/crafted/perk unlock/or schematic). These are:
- 13 moldy/old foods that can be only looted (and eaten if starving) or processed into ‘scraps’ these scraps can also be eaten or made into a soup: Mulligan Au Jus
- Toasted Pumpkin, Pine, and Acorn seeds
- Cooking Oil
- Bouillon Cube
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Red Wine
- Sweet and Salty Extracts
- Cream Of Tartar
- Hard Tack
- Beef Jerky
- Bone Marrow
- Raw and boiled Sweet Bread
- Sweet Bread Cuisine
- Steak And Potato Cuisine
- Au Jus
- Beef Au Jus Sandwich
- Pop Corn
- Milk Curds
- Raw Milk, Milk, and Cream
- Butter Of The Gods
- Bread Batter
- Buttered Toast
- Sweet Corn Blueberry Muffin
- Ice Cream
- Red Wine Blueberry Sorbet
- Turkish Delight
- Sweet Nut Milk
- Egg Souffle
- Potatoes Dauphinoise
- Boeuf Bourguignon
- Croque Monsieur
- (new) Recipe fixes.
- Fixing several loot group issues. Other small fixes and rebalancing.
- Conversion to a20.
- Added more localization.
- Added some “rotten” food items that can be used to craft some new food items or eaten. Basically another small side line of craftable food, and to give players with no perks into its perk tree something to collect/eat if they really need it. Used these items to add to additional containers where you would normally find them.
Download for A20
Download for A19
The forum topic of the mod is here.
10 thoughts on “Sous Chef of the Apocalypse”
conflicts with smx hud
Thanks! I’ll make a note on the github repo to look into this for the a20 update
im having trouble with finding butter and red wine where am i supposed to be able to find or buy that from?
could it be the mod overlaps with other mods. the food items are in the game with the dev menu but i cant find them in the cooking fire / craft menu or workbench. any ideas ?
@Luke, @weasel91: I’ll look into it. Normally I don’t monitor these forums, just happened to see your issues.
I have found 1 bottle of red wine in a loot bag that’s it.
the butter is a recipe/loot/trader/perk and crafted at the workbench (i’m adding a jar to the recipe in the next version because you can shake cream and make butter), and the wine is loot /trader only.
the mod is supposed to make you craft over buying, and not supposed to be easy. trader is generally just a few of the items to add a little realism
would love to see you take over the farmlife extended mod. have a ton of new items to grow harvest and consume, i know it’s a big ask, but it would be such a great addition for alpha 20 and beyond
There is way too much of the various green food items being dropped from every possible container – even sealed food crates and supposedly guarenteed food drops like food piles. Really these items should not be able to drop from sealed containers..
If you could at least allow all the rotten food types to be able to easily scrap into rot as appose to only be able to craft them into food scraps for _one_ recipe, that would be awesome. Currently, every raid ends up with half your inventory full of green garbage – I’ve even had it drop in food stash quests..
I consider this mod heavily unbalanced. The food progress is extremely slow when it comes to nutritional values. Some food is ridiculously expensive to craft … milk e.g.
I am going to rebalance the whole thing for our server, because we do have a cooking faction that likes more variety.