ErrorNull Zombies (enZombies): This mod adds a lot more zombie variations to the game, using the UMA archetype method showcased by the Snukfin’s Server Side Z(S)ombies mod and Snufkin’s Custom Server Side Zombies – PLUS mod. This mod only needs to be installed on the server, as it will be automatically downloaded to the clients. These zombies are meant to be your average walkers and crawlers to complement the existing vanilla ones. Stronger and boss-level zombies are on the works. Each enZombie also has their own feral, radiated, and crawler versions.
enZombies spawn out in the terrain based on the biome, with each zombie group sporting a unique color theme that matches the biome. So you will find foresty zombies in the forest, deserty zombies in the desert, snowy zombies in the snow, and so forth. enZombies also spawn as sleepers inside the POIs, though unfortunately there’s no easy way to spawn them as sleepers based on biome. So you see a wider range of enZombies appear inside the POIs.
The short challenge quests are an underutilized feature in the vanilla game, and enZombies appear within them as well. New challenge quests have also been added to showcase the new zombies. All new quests are simply found as items within the usual loot containers where vanilla quests are found. Many more quests are planned.
- Goblin Raid
- Forest Goblin Raid
- Desert Goblin Raid
- Snow Goblin Raid
- Red Goblin Raid
- Wasteland Goblin Raid
- Business Meeting Gone Wrong
ErrorNull removed and redid most of the vanilla zombie groups in entitygroups.xml, created a few of his own, and redid a number of the main spawners in gamestages.xml. For this reason, he doesn’t expect this mod to work well with any mods that also make changes to these two XML files. The only mods he does officially support are in the Add-Ons section below. If you are getting errors or strange glitches while using non-supported mods with enZombies, he’ll be glad to take a glance when he get the chance, but making sure other mods work with enZombies is not his current focus. If he see enough demand, he might spend the time to modify a non-supported mod to work with enZombies and thus will be included as an official Add-On mod below.
You may use his mod as it is presented, or you are also welcome to disregard his spawning customization and just pull his zombies (from archetypes.xml and entityclasses.xml) and merge them into your own mod. But, he’d appreciate if you credit him in that case like mentioning his mod or the link on your website, discord or forum post. He love making these custom zombies and plan to continue for a long while, but it does take lots of time and effort.
These are optional mods created for enZombies that are officially supported. The main enZombies mod must still be installed in order for these Add-Ons to work. Download the zip file for the add-on you want and extract the contents to your 7 Days to Die “Mods” folder.
No Nudes Addon
There are a number of female enZombies that show lots of skin. If this is more than you perfer, this mod will cover them up by adding a bikini top for their chest, and the default underwear shorts for their bottoms. Download the zip file and extract the contents to your 7 Days to Die “Mods” folder.
Snufkin Zombies Addon
This mod adds all Snufkin community zombies alongside enZombies. The Snufkin zombies will spawn outside in the various biomes, within the screamer hordes, the wandering hordes, and the blood moon horde night… along with the enZombies. The Snufkin zombies do not spawn inside POI’s like as sleepers, but he has included code within ENTITYGROUPS.XML where you can enable it. This addon also makes the “Snufkin Raid” challenge quest available, where you must fight through all the Snifkin zombies in order face the boss of them all – the evil scientist Snufkin.
There are some interesting bugs when working with UMA zombies and molding them from the archetypes.xml. It’s not unique to enZombies and are present in mods like the Snufkin zombies as well. In his view though, the relative ease in creating and modifying these zombies far outweigh the quirks:
- There is a NullReferenceException error that occurs within certain POI’s. This is happens with any archetype style zombies – like the Snufkin ones too. He has reported this and the staff has stated “…the deeper issue is known with the parent issue and will be worked on.” Bug report link. Currently, the POI’s for House_Modern_01 and house_old_pyramid_02 experience this error. Please let him know if you find the same within any other POI’s.
- UMA zombies do not collide with player vehicles. So your vehicles will simply drive right through them and they will walk right through stationary player vehicles as well. This does not impact the POI vehicles.
- UMA zombies don’t catch fire from torch attacks. However, they do burn and suffer damage from molotov cocktails, flaming arrows/bolts. The flame effects just don’t visually show on their bodies.
- UMA zombies don’t get shocked when walking into electric fence traps. However, they occasionally get shocked while knocked down on the fence. Stun batons shock the zombies just fine though.
- UMA zombies when struck down are not as heavily pulled down by gravity as the vanilla ones. A strong weapon or explosion can send them flying amazing distances!
Thanks to Snufkin for starting it all with his “Snukfin’s Server Side Z(S)ombies” mod, and thanks to Arramus for keeping it going with the “Snufkin’s Custom Server Side Zombies – PLUS” mod. ErrorNull studied these mods for weeks to figure out how it worked and gave him inspiration to contribute as well.
- Added all Khzmusik UMA Zombies into enZombies (spawns only in wandering horde for now). Thanks Khzmusik for permission.
- Added 4 male and 4 female punk zombies (spawns only in wandering horde for now)
- Created Snufkin ‘mad scientist’ boss (spawns only in challenge quest from Snufkin Zombies addon)
- Updated localization.txt to give all enZombies new on-screen names
- Updated localization.txt to display cleaner on-screan names for all vanilla zombies
- Ensured any weapon-wielding zombies do not have crawlers
- Slightly increased bears and zombie bears spawning in forest
- Removed flame effects (on some torches and bodies) when zombies are killed
- Updated wandering horde to include feral zombies
- Removed from wandering horde any zombies that don’t make sense for all biomes: Burnt zombies, snow zombies, vultures, etc.
- Ensured the lab creatures also spawn within wandering hordes
Download and Install
Download the zip file that’s linked below. Unzip or extract the contents of zip file into the 7 Days to Die “Mods” folder.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: ErrorNull, Snufkin, Arramus