ErrorNull Zombies (enZombies): ErrorNull created more normal zombies to add more variety to the game, using the same archetype zombie creation method showcased by the Snukfin’s Server Side Z(S)ombies mod and Snufkin’s Custom Server Side Zombies – PLUS mod. Likewise, if this mod is used on a server, players who connect to the server don’t need to download anything on their side. For now, enZombies are meant to be your average walkers and crawlers to complement the existing vanilla zombies. Stronger and boss-level zombies are on the works. Each enZombie also has their own feral, radiated, and crawler versions.
Certain enZombies will spawn out in the terrain based on the biomes – alongside the vanilla zombies. So you will find foresty zombies in the forest, deserty zombies in the desert, snowy zombies in the snow, and so forth… with each zombie group sporting a color theme to match their biome. enZombies also spawn as sleepers inside the POIs, though unfortunately there’s no easy way to spawn them as sleepers based on a biome theme. So you will simply see the full range of enZombies appear inside the POIs. enZombies also appear in the challenge quests.
This is more of an OVERHAUL type of MOD since he removed and redid most of the vanilla zombie groups in entitygroups.xml, created a few of his own, and redid a number of the main spawners in gamestages.xml. If you experience odd issues like zombies missing from other mods when using this one, then renaming this mod so it gets loaded before other mods can help.
You can use his mod as it is presented, or you are also welcome to disregard his spawning customization and just pull his zombies (from archetypes.xml and entityclasses.xml) and merge them into your own mod. But, he’d appreciate if you credit him in that case like mentioning his mod or the link on your website, discord or forum post. He love making these custom zombies and plan to continue for a long while, but it does take lots of time and effort.
These are optional mods created for enZombies that are officially supported. The main enZombies mod must still be installed in order for these Add-Ons to work. Download the zip file for the add-on you want and extract the contents to your 7 Days to Die “Mods” folder.
No Nudes Mod
There are a number of female enZombies that show lots of skin. If this is more than you perfer, this mod will cover them up by adding a bikini top for their chest, and the default underwear shorts for their bottoms. Download the zip file and extract the contents to your 7 Days to Die “Mods” folder.
Snufkin Zombies Plus
This mod adds all Snufkin community zombies alongside enZombies. The Snufkin zombies will spawn outside in the various biomes, within the screamer hordes, the wandering hordes, and the blood moon horde night… along with the enZombies. The Snufkin zombies do not spawn inside POI’s like as sleepers, but he has included code within ENTITYGROUPS.XML where you can enable it.
There are some interesting bugs when creating zombies in this manner – by modifying the archetypes.xml. It’s not unique to enZombies and are present in the Snufkin zombies as well. The fact that this is all server side (players don’t need to install anything on their side), and only requires a text editor to create and modify zombies, far outweigh the quirks:
- There is a NullReferenceException error that occurs within certain POI’s. This is happens with any archetype style zombies – like the Snufkin ones too. He has reported this and the staff has stated “…the deeper issue is known with the parent issue and will be worked on.” Bug report link. Currently, the POI’s for House_Modern_01 and house_old_pyramid_02 experience this error. Please let him know if you find the same within any other POI’s.
- Archetype style zombies like enZombies do not collide with player vehicles. So your vehicles will simply drive right through them and they will walk right through stationary player vehicles as well. This does not impact the POI vehicles.
- Archetype style zombies when struck down are not as heavily pulled down by gravity as the vanilla ones. A strong weapon or explosion can send them flying amazing distances!
- Archetype style zombies don’t catch fire from torch attacks. However, they do burn and suffer damage from molotov cocktails, flaming arrows/bolts. The flame effects just don’t visually show on their bodies.
Thanks to Snufkin for starting it all with his “Snukfin’s Server Side Z(S)ombies” mod, and thanks to Arramus for keeping it going with the “Snufkin’s Custom Server Side Zombies – PLUS” mod. ErrorNull studied these mods for weeks to figure out how it worked and gave him inspiration to contribute as well.
- Added wasteland goblins
- Added a forest, snow, burnt and wasteland goblin quests
- Slightly increased game animal spawning in all biomes
- Slightly reduced zombie dog and vulture spawning in horde night
- Made the burnt goblins and giant, and burnt male and female flamers immune to fire attacks
- Fixed errors with the burnt goblin torches and giants
- Created new Snufkin Zombies Addon (refer to Addons section)
Download and Install
Download the zip file that’s linked below. Unzip or extract the contents of zip file into the 7 Days to Die “Mods” folder.
The forum topic of the mod is here.
Credits: ErrorNull, Snufkin, Arramus